Trader: So you want to be a Trader?

Get advice and discuss your professions.

Trader: So you want to be a Trader?

Postby Fao » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:58 am

Hi all Fao here,

Perhaps one of the more difficult profession classes to play in AO. Biggest thing to remember about the Trader is this:
"Cause and effect" your a trader so you trade off something for almost anything you gain or buff others. Some examples:

Wrangles raise the skill of others individually or teams - You lose skill points. The new Umbral Wrangles help with this as they do not lower the Trader's skills, but they have fairly high level requirements and skill requirements to be able to raise the same amount as the regular wrangle. For example the Trader's Premium Wrangle raises skills 132 points and you can probably cast with drains at level 125 or so maybe earlier, the same skill point raise for the Umbral you need to be level 195.

Skills to raise: I raise PM and T&S and Intelligence every level along with shotgun. Your a trader there are a lot of weapons you can use, but the shotgun is probably the best one - Yes you will draw lots of aggro for your crits (another trade off). So you know you are going to get crits on mobs you need to be able to escape the attacks generated I use mezzes/calms to take care of this, also in teams when your mezz lands it can cause the mob to switch who it is attacking - good to know when they go after the doc or a weaker team member.

For Opi I have raised sense and agility to the max every level also.

If you want to be able to help heal the team you will need to raise those skills also...more later and a reminder - If you heal anohter person/team member you lose health points.

More to follow: Fao
Fao

Return to Profession development