Shade: A lil introduction to the Shade prof...

Get advice and discuss your professions.

Shade: A lil introduction to the Shade prof...

Postby Stillhaa » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:30 am

The Shade.
I thought i would post some of the knowledge i have collected about the shade. One of the major discussions are what weapon to use.
Weapons:
Go with Bronto Vet Lance, Sigd, Improved Tango Dirks, Compressed Blades, Kid, Tanto, Eye-Gouger, silver tail dagger(used a ql 13 silver tail dagger until i was lvl 40ish).... or what ever piercing weapon you can find...
Well Nippy John Stiletto is the way to go (if you got 10000000000000mill to spare :P )
But if you dont i suggest you choose the road of ITD(Improved Tango Dirk) and CB(Compressed Blade). Its a sweet combination indeed. Most engiees can Improve your Tango Dirks, the CB on the other hand is
easy to get since its mission rollable :). You could go with two ITD's for that extra damage, but then u loose your backstab ability ( it requires sneack attack on the weapon ). I tried going with two CB's and it worked
out quite nice aswell.
I used Bronto Vet Lance or Eye Gouger with an ITD until i found a CB.
I have talked this over with several highlvl shades and read forums posts about it, and this combination is highly recommended.
Sigd's are not worth trying out, if you dont feel like beeing a gimp that is :P
Lets face it shades are all about a massive amout of damage in a short amount of time, and without your backstab ability and specials u loose ALOT of damage. So one ITD and one weapon with sneack attack is the way to go imo.

Perks:
I havent tried changing my perk points around, i go with Totemic Reights, Piercing Mastery and Acrobat. Dont use more then 3 until you have perkpoint to spare (at around lvl 203 hehe). With these 3 perklines you get massive damage bonuses, high directdamage specials, lifetaps and evades.
But its not my job to tell you what to choose only tell you what i have done so far (only lvl 80 atm)
The only perkline that is a must is Piercing Mastery, since all your weapons require this skill and and there is a perk special at almost every point.
After that i think i would go with Sublime Report and Shade Touch perklines .(maxing everything but Shade Touch out will give you a grand total of 25 perk specials).

Spirits:
Wont go in to these except there is acouple of spirits that is a natural choice. Head (with + to all nanoskills) and all others that gives a +bonus to damage and evades.
I have alot of sprits with lvl 73 req and down to lvl 1 req hehe, so if you have a baby shade feel free to ask for spirits.

Feel free to post what ever questions you might have and i'll see if i can answer them.

**edit** links
Official Shade forum here you will find all info you need about the shade prof.
The Shade home the url that mini posted below, some really good info there

Xhero lvl 143 shade a.k.a Stillhaa
Last edited by Stillhaa on Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Stillhaa 216 MA General, ass'whooper shizzle
-Xhero 202 Shade, hiney'spanker shizzle
Stillhaa

Postby Stillhaa » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:19 am

heya folks =)
just had a little discussion with a fellow shade last night and he enlightend me about the Spirit Phylactery perkline.
This is apperantly a de-aggro perkline, he was running this instead of the Acrobat perkline since he didnt get aggro he didnt need it (hmmmm well i am kinda in love with the acrobat perkline meself) but i must try this out to see what happens.... will get back on this subject =)

cYa
Xhero
Stillhaa

Postby Flameforge » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:04 pm

Are Newland Fish Knifes good for shades? It has Fast attack and Brawl, but I suppose shades might not do brawl.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Stillhaa » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:18 am

Newland fisher knifes are excellent for shades aswell, just replace the Imp Tango Dirk for one of those baby's and you are set for some sweet damage :D
Compared to the ITD the NF have a lil higher req, but with the right spirits, piercing buff, wrangle, piercing mastery perked, you wont have a prob getting em on with a descent ql :D
Stillhaa

Re: A lil introduction to the Shade prof...

Postby Indefatigable » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:20 am

Stillhaa wrote:The Shade.
Well Nippy John Stiletto is the way to go (if you got 10000000000000mill to spare :P )

Nerf your cash if you want to buy two of these :)
Indefatigable

Postby Indefatigable » Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:39 am

http://www.ao-shades.org.uk/spirits.htm is a good link for what spirits to use and other Shade stuff.
Indefatigable

Postby Stillhaa » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:58 am

updated with some links and changed the text some on the original post..
Stillhaa

Return to Profession development