Meta-Physicist: Small Perk Guide

Get advice and discuss your professions.

Meta-Physicist: Small Perk Guide

Postby suchysuchy » Wed May 26, 2004 2:14 am

I've been getting a lot of ??? lately about what perks are usefor a MP so I'll try to give some advice on what I think is a good set up.
There is only 1 MUST have perk line for the MP so its very much up too you how you feel your MP should be, but again here are some guidelines of what I prefer.

Hope you will find them useful.

1. Soothing Spirits
This is in my opinion the most important perk line for the MP.
Looking at the line you may not see what benefit it has, but this
perk INCREASES the heal capability of you healpet!
In addition to making your healpet heal more you also get a TEAM Nano regen and TEAM heal.
At SS 10 my 207 healpet heals for 1250-1700 (better than a non SL doc)
and I have a 1300 team heal and 1300 team nano regen with 40 sec recharge. (Note. 1300 Nano every 40 sec is more than PNH does)
This heal has saved my ass / team several times.
I have SS maxed.

2. Channel Rage
CR adds to both offensive and damage on your attackpet.
CR does from 7-10 also add more TS / MC than Nano Doc and for casting Zhok at 212 you MUST max out CR. CR also gives you a +100 add all def.
I have maxed CR for TS / MC. The 300+ damage is very nice when you want to make sure your pet will hold aggro.
With CR 10 Perk Zhok hits for 1534 minimum damage in SL and crits for over 4k on RK.

3. Nano Doctorate
This perk line adds to your overall nanoskills. Nothing special about it. I trained it up to 212 for Zhok, but will untrain it by the time I get to 214.

4. Notum Source
Waste of perk points. Soothing Spirit and Genious will provide you with all the nano you need. If you play atrox you may want to invest some perks here.

5. Starfall
Starfall is our big DD perk line. But it has no real use until you get to 215 and can do supernova. The Dazzle with ligths are fine at very low level but since most MP's are very powerful at low level I see no use for it.

6. Theoretical Research
TR is an AWSOME perkline for the soloing MP!
3 Perk points in this line will get you a 1 min. unbreakable root!
Send pet, root, move back and go full agg for a full minute!!
I've untrained this now but I will put points back into TR at a later stage.
A really great perk.

7. Genius
Genius 2 gives you a nice nano regen. Also useful for getting your int/psy as high as possible for your tier armor.
I have G2 trained.

8. First Aid
Treatment can be a pain for MP's so a few points here can be useful.
I have 2 points trainde for the "Heal" perk.
"Heal" + "SS" + First aid gives me a combined 3.200 heal when all used and can be again very useful for a gimpy Nanobreed.

Good luck on your MP and /tell suchysuchy or post below if there is anything I can help you with.
suchysuchy

Postby furyangel » Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:46 am

Just wanted to say thankyou as this really is a great guide. Have followed this to the letter and am doing great :) The only thing I might ask is once you have untrained some of these at higher levels what would you choose to replace them with? I have been considering Enhance Health for the extra hitpoint boost...
General of Pantheon
furyangel

Postby Jpegg » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:06 am

Thanks for this SS :) I have to say, Clericon just reached 140 and Ive put my point into Theoretical Research 1... I'm hoping to do a lot of soloing after reaching TL5 so this will come in handy.
Jpegg

Postby suchysuchy » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:57 pm

I've been looking a little into alien perks and so far I've not been able too figure out the does and donts, anyone have any ideas?
suchysuchy

Return to Profession development