Doctor: Opinions sought on weapon choice...?

Get advice and discuss your professions.

Doctor: Opinions sought on weapon choice...?

Postby Freuty » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:38 am

Howdy all,

OK, Dr Luv is now TL5 and pretty fed up of tickling things with his mighty Cup 'o' Doom (tm) so would like to pick up a weapon or two and see if he can't do some proper grown up damage :D

So, wondered what others opinions were on weapon choice for my luv'erly trox doccie?

Things I've thought about,

JAME
Gelids (maybe too low yet)
Mauls (murder, or the higher ones)
CDR+a.n.other pistol
AI Axes?
MAW shotty from IS

I bow to your wisdom, gimme your thoughts, not sure which way to go here... One thing, I'd like the weapons to be fairly easy to get on/off, so I can wield buffing items like cushions/cup if I need the extra MM/BM for healing.

Doctor "Luvingston" IPresume
Level 155 and rising.
Freuty

Postby Cogs » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:02 am

I know some docs use the MAW....its an awesome shotty, and asfaik it has some noce mods also.
The Jame, well.....it will reuire you to up 3 skills, that probably are dark blue, or at least blue to you....perhaps not the wisest choice for a doctor.

Gelids.....see a LOT of docs using them.....be original, go MAW :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Cogs » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:12 am

Checked on MAW: Shotgun: 937, Fling: 669........no mods, lol.......but still a good option!
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Twilow » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:19 am

I have tried jame on maihem, pretty good, It wont do you all the way but damage is decent but attck rating low.

I have stuck with pistols and dont do too badly. it was CDR and engie now AI pistol and engie. lower damage than some other weapons but higher AR

lots of docs think highly of maw. good damge and farly high AR.

I cant comment on others
Twilow

Postby Freuty » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:52 am

OK, thanks for the thoughts guys :) MAW does sound like a good cheap option... might open the door for using an Alien shotty at some point in the future too... think I'm gonna plump for that for now and see how I get on...

...so just gotta get into IS now, raid time methinks :D
Freuty

Postby trgeorge » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:22 pm

Hadn't checked Maw in a while, but I'm not too impressed with Ai shotty. Should finally start using arul tho before finall word
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

there is a valid weapon choise....

Postby Talker » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:06 pm

hey guys,
There actualy IS a Doc weapon for PvP / PvM its called a Kyr'Ozsch Carbine type 3, it has AS and Fling, becouse this is also a weapon for pvp it doesn't have to be hotswapped witch means you can equip as high as possible. You will loose burst in pvm but that is not realy a problem sinse the regular dmg is high enough anyway.

I have had some very decent results with this weapon on Tnet tower battles and a good AS refresh rate.
This gun will also safe the higher doc some IP points since you dont have a seperate pvp weapon and you aint got no burst =) hope this helps.

Funkyy
Talker

Return to Profession development