Doctor: Thanks for all the help and request for advice.

Get advice and discuss your professions.

Doctor: Thanks for all the help and request for advice.

Postby Legrandchef » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:42 am

Due to the help of guildies I have progressed very nicely and as long as I run masteries I can use most of the doc nanos apart from the very top ones or SL ones. I am missing a few team heals and dots at the top end. Thanks for all the help. This post is really to ask about what to go for next. I have read the other post in this section about weapon choice. Is there anything else I might need to keep in mind when spending IP?
When and where should I use/not use Complete Healing? Do any other docs use Battlegroup heal perk? Is it usable in SL or RK or both? Would I be better off putting my perks into something else?

Thanks in anticipation,

Chefdoc.

PS How do I find a Maw in the first place?
If you were at Druss' funeral, and did not weep, there is something wrong with you.
Legrandchef

Postby Smacdevil » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:42 am

Only advice I can offer is where to find Maw of the Abyss, which is in Inner Sanctum on the 2nd floor. Think all the bosses there may drop it.
Smacdevil

Postby Legrandchef » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:45 am

Thanks very much.

Chef
If you were at Druss' funeral, and did not weep, there is something wrong with you.
Legrandchef

Postby Twilow » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:58 am

When and where should I use/not use Complete Healing? Do any other docs use Battlegroup heal perk? Is it usable in SL or RK or both? Would I be better off putting my perks into something else?

Dont use CH in SL unless the mob is mostly dead and no others are in the close vicinity, or unless the team can generate huge amounts of agro. If a proportion of the mobs health is gone, you may be able to CH and heal yourself until the team can regain agro however it is far more common that a CH means taking so much damage yourself that you must then CH yourself repeatedly and tank til the mob is dead. Doc tanking via CH can be a viable technique at times. Of couse you can practise this on your solo sessions, if you have the agro anyway (ie solo) the CH to your hearts content. Because of the long recharge on CH, remember at all times as a Doc UBT is your greatest tool, without a UBT on a mob, you may struggle to keep up with healing, if there are mutliple mobs and no calmers, try to UBT them all before you heal.

BGH will draw aggro in the same fashion as CH in SL. Use either on RK with no problem. I put my perks there too due to nano skill gains but BGH can be very useful at raids, in IS, etc.
Twilow

Postby Freuty » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:24 am

I echo what Twil says, CH/BGH in SL is an aggro magent... which can be handy in certain situations, if you don't have a decent tank, it works very nicely as a taunt so u can tank if needed ;)

I tend to use BGH as an emergency heal in SL, if a team pulls too many mobs, it's a life saver sometimes... also the additional nanoskill bonuses are always needed...

I would work on getting Spec 3 as soon as possible, so that you can cast Cellular Recuperation as early as possible after lvl 175. This heal is _so_ much better than RK heals, its a must.

Also, try to get some alien levels, u get a little more AXP at lower levels it seems, since you will be fighting higher level mobs due to higher levels in cerbs. The champion of nano combat line certainly helps casting those SL heals earlier.

One thing I concentrated on, as trox anyway, but guess it applies to others, is having as much nano pool as possible... ie. using Bootlegger armour to increase it, using Arul saba bracers of +NP etc ... if u run out of nano you're as much use as a chocolate fire guard, so make sure u have plenty ;) As a trox, at level 200 I have close to 7.5k nano and hardly ever run out unless I'm DoTing or chain CH'in.

Along with that theme, max first aid if you don't already, so u can use the highest QL nano coils/stims... the SL ones are superb at QL175 so I made sure I could use them as early as poss.

Apart from that, just make sure u can cast the highest _stable_ init debuff you can at all times... UBT really is an awesome nano :D

Oh one other thing... try to find other doctors around your level and get to know em... helped me when in teams and I needed to go, I can just shoot off a few tells and get a replacement doctor quicker than waiting for one to come up on lft channel :)

My 2penneth...
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby HealerKat » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:37 am

Just one thing i wanted to add. Didnt see any of the other post's mentioning it.. But be sure to train the Genious to lvl 2. This way you can get Regain nano (wich is almost as a HE). How ever there are no need to train it to lvl 3. Since you doesnt get a "bigger HE" of it anyway

Now regarding the weapon choice, i have talked to alot if doc's. And it seems that there isnt a "right" way to go. We are a support class, so IMO we shouldnt be ranked on the upper part of the DD. I talked to a lvl 210 Doc and he said Docs cant do good dmg until they can cast the Spec 4 DoT's, then we're über. :D
I have tried shields, crystals, Ass.rifle, pistols and shotties. I have landed on pistols becuase many pistols have nice mods, I can switch between many depending what i need for mods. And of course pistol looks soo much better than many other weapons 8)

Kat

Edited for typos
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics; even if you win you're still look like a retard.
HealerKat

Postby Freuty » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:45 am

Good point about Genius Kat, but I have to say lvl 3 of genius is still nice to have, the extra 20 points Int/Psy has sooo many benefits to all other skills based on em... ie. nano skills ;) I would take this perk (and did) over any other at level 190 anyday.

One other thing that sprung to mind, prolly blindingly obvious but, try to maximise your -nano cost% ... get yourself the vest (-5%) from Ely (Freuty has one for u Chef), plus anything else that will lower the cost of casting your nanos. The cap is between 45-55% I think depending on breed, so makes a huge difference to the number of heals/dots u can cast.

Also, use a nano range extender in your NCU slot, means u can stand waaaaay back from the action and still heal... helps when trying to avoid aggro ;) I hot swap mine depending on situation, not really needed in Heckler teams for example, but useful in raid scenarios.
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Return to Profession development