Check this out!

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Postby Cogs » Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:48 pm

The Mjolnir clan would like to invite everyone to an event to raise awareness about the lack of guild housing on Rubi-Ka.

A Performing Arts Festival will be held in the market area of Last Ditch on April 14, at 6:00pm GMT. This is an Festival, not a protest. Our goal is to raise awareness and funds to contribute towards better living conditions while HAVING FUN. There will be guest speakers present to talk about our need for better a housing situation. We will also be accepting donations in the form of items or credits. All proceeds will be given to the The Housing Departments of the Council of Truth.

Three prizes will be awarded. First place will be 1 million credits, 2nd will be 500,000 credits and 3rd place will be 250,000. Monologues and group skits are welcome. However only one prize will be awarded per skit (that means if your group has more than one acter you will get 1 mil to split, not 1 mil each). To enter, please see Sepal or Xeraseus (in game), come visit the Mjolnir home at http://www.4monkeysoup.com/ao or contact Sepal via email at jetzige@4monkeysoup.com .

Lastly, this is a completely neutral event. Housing is a real issue for all citizens of Rubi-Ka and needs to be addressed on a large scale if anything is going to be done about it.

Cogs

Postby Techomo » Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:18 pm

Excellent idea! While the festival sounds like a lot of fun just in itself, it'll be great to use it for awareness raising. The housing around here is just crud... I never have enough room for all my robot equipment, let alone the huge refrigerator I've my eye on...

Ah poop... 14th has to be a Sunday doesn't it :sad:
Techomo

Postby Felicity » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:00 pm

Three prizes will be awarded. First place will be 1 million credits, 2nd will be 500,000 credits and 3rd place will be 250,000. Monologues and group skits are welcome.

Please explain further.. What is a skit?
Felicity

Postby Cogs » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:01 pm

Damn, pal, Im so sorry bout the shitty timing for you down under!! Ok, I will boycott the event to support our friends from Oceania!!
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Cogs » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:03 pm

A skit is prolly the same as what we here call a "sketsj", a funny routine done by more than one person? not sure, but think so.
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Hejiro » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:45 pm

LOL @ Cogs :smile:

skit n.

1. A short, usually comic dramatic performance or work; a theatrical sketch.
2. A short humorous or satirical piece of writing.
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:49 pm

Ahh. it all makes sense :smile: Well, we could allways put Chen up on the scene and have the whole community laugh at him :smile: Easy money ain it? :smile:
Felicity

Return to Chit chat