Performing Arts Festival

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Postby Almeta Delenick » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:54 am

The Mjolnir clan would like to invite everyone to an event to raise awareness about the lack of guild housing on Rubi-Ka.

A Performing Arts Festival will be held in the market area of Last Ditch on April 14, at 6:00pm GMT. This is an Festival, not a protest. Our goal is to raise awareness and funds to contribute towards better living conditions while HAVING FUN. There will be guest speakers present to talk about our need for better a housing situation. We will also be accepting donations in the form of items or credits. All proceeds will be given to the The Housing Departments of the Council of Truth.

Three prizes will be awarded. First place will be 1 million credits, 2nd will be 500,000 credits and 3rd place will be 250,000. Monologues and group skits are welcome. However only one prize will be awarded per skit (that means if your group has more than one acter you will get 1 mil to split, not 1 mil each). To enter, please see Sepal or Xeraseus (in game), come visit the Mjolnir home (at http://www.4monkeysoup.com/ao )or contact Sepal via email (jetzige@4monkeysoup.com ).

Lastly, this is a completely neutral event. Housing is a real issue for all citizens of Rubi-Ka and needs to be addressed on a large scale if anything is going to be done about it.
Almeta Delenick

Postby Hejiro » Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:31 pm

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know, Almeta.

---
I think the organisers should consider timezones a little more. I mean, 6PM GMT is not bad for a lot of people... Europeans, -4 to -8 Americans (what's that, like, lunchtime)... but for us Australians it's like 4AM! I wonder how many Aussies actually play AO...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hejiro on 2002-04-04 00:34 ]</font>
Hejiro

Postby Izubuchi » Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:30 pm

Thank you Almeta for teling us this. I will do my best to attend it.

I don't think there are many from australia playing AO Hejiro. You are the only one I know.

Tought I don't go around asking people where they are from. So there are probably lot's of otehr players too :smile:

Ohh 100 posts now btw :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Izubuchi on 2002-04-04 01:31 ]</font>
Izubuchi

Postby Almeta Delenick » Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:59 pm

You are right, Hejiro. We have one Austrian in our guild, but he is quite a night owl. If you can't attend due to the time, please keep in touch. If this goes as well as we hope we will continue to have them.

; )
Almeta Delenick

Postby Hejiro » Wed Apr 03, 2002 7:04 pm

Well I certainly plan to follow the progress of the festival, even if I can't attend. It would be great to see something done about housing in the near future.

May I ask, Almeta, your connection to the event? A publicist, entrant, organiser?

By the way, the topic post "Check this out!" in this forum is based on the same festival notice :wink:

Also, I have met 4 other Australians on AO... so, yes, not I great percentage I suppose. Maybe we should hold a festival to raise awareness of Oceanian timezones! :lol:
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:05 pm

I've met a few aussies too, but as you say they are not many.
Timing is wrong for me too and I even live in Sweden. But since I have a bunch of kids to attend I wont get off "work" until atleast 9pm GMT...
Felicity

Postby Hejiro » Tue Apr 16, 2002 2:23 pm

Did anyone end up going the festival? Was it any good?
Hejiro

Return to Chit chat