Can't get in after 12.9 patch

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Postby Isalunam » Wed Oct 31, 2001 11:35 am

Anyone else not able to connect to Rubi-Ka 1?

I crashed 2 times....and now it keeps telling me that "Rubi-Ka1 (down) message on the log in screen.

Also...how do you enter the chat channel on AO without playing it? I dont know how to access that.
Isalunam
Veteran

Postby BigSwede » Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:09 pm

I cant even get the patch downloaded...
BigSwede

Postby Voracia » Wed Oct 31, 2001 2:04 pm

Hey guys. Isa, go to the official AO sitre and choose chat in their main menu. Enter your AO sign in info and then you will have access to the chat server. BigS, i have a reocurring problem with my updates. Im not sure if its the same as yours, but i will share anyway. My files download properl;y most of thetime. But when it starts updating the files mine shows a slide bar of progress and a timer that counts down estimated time. Every update i have ver doen (EVERY ONE) the bar stops moving about half way and the timer starts counting up. I immediately cancel AO and wait about 30 secs. When i restart AO, it askes if i want to continue where left off or start over. If i choose coneintue it starts counting up again. If i choose to start over it doesnt actually download the files over, it just restarts the update process. This for some reason makes it start counting down properly again. Hope that helps fellas.

Voracia
Minister of Internal Affairs
Voracia
Veteran

Postby BigSwede » Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:40 am

I usually don't have any problems at all downloading and patching. Adn this time it stopped during the download. It worked the second time so it might just be many concurrent downloads at that time.
BigSwede

Postby Izubuchi » Wed Nov 14, 2001 3:49 am

Hi, I had the same problem. I'v found out that it usually occurse when you got a bad patching. I would recomend taht you remove AO from your computer and then reinstalls it.

And don't use the automatic update process from AO, instead download the .exe files. It's much safer
Izubuchi

Postby Dessilok » Sat Nov 24, 2001 1:24 pm

Worst Case Disaster Recovery For AO

This is pretty basic but thought it should be here in case someone needed it.

The Rubi-Ka1 / 2 (down) message usually occurs when communications to an AO server fails, but can occur with corrupted AO data on the client end.

THE BASICS

Obviously, try waiting and then try to connect again. If this is going on for more than one day then chances are that there is a problem on your end.

There are several utilities that can tell you the status of AO servers. This can be of great assistance of diagnosing the problem to establish where the fault lies.

Make sure you have internet access.

If you have a firewall/router/gateway make sure that settings have not changed and any ports that need to be forwarded to your computer's IP are correct.

SOFTWARE REINSTALL

If internet access is functioning and the AO server you are attempting to connect to is listed as running then you might want to consider reinstalling Directx and/or your AO software.

Directx can be found at http://microsoft.com/directx - Reinstall it then try running AO.

If this does not work then find the directory you installed AO to ( Default Dir: C:Program FilesFuncomAnarchy Online )and Copy the Prefs and the Scripts folders to your desktop.

Uninstall AO by going to control panel
-> Add/Remove Programs and remove Anarchy Online.

Files will be left behind when you uninstall AO. These files should be removed in the event that they are corrupt also. So delete the entire Anarchy Online Directory manually after the uninstall.

Reinstall Anarchy Online

Then Copy the Prefs and Scripts folders back into your Anarchy Online Folder.

Run AO and Begin patching.

This should fix at least 85% of all problems related with difficulties logging into AO.

Problems that still exist will probably be related to corrupt/missing Operating System Files or corrupt remnant AO registry entries.

Hope This Helps
Dessilok

Return to Chit chat