Martial Artist advice

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Martial Artist advice

Postby Hejiro » Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:17 pm

I know Cold is an MA, but someone else may know too. Is the Parry skill worth putting points into? I think the description of it says that it's for melee fighters... do MAs ever use weapons? I noticed the "sharp weapons" skill is green... is parried used when wielding knifes or something?

Lately I've been trying out different professions -- taking advantage of the newbie changes (no XP loss, rez-shock, etc)

MAs are pretty darn cool. No wonder they're so popular. I was also really suprised at all the green skills... but I guess they'll be hard to maintain just because there are so many.

And dimach is green! wow. Level 2 I did 40 points of damage!
Hejiro

Postby Coldraven » Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:05 pm

Parry is worth putting into because some ma special atatcks requires it, like blessed with thunder. It's also nice to have when you wan't to parry incomign melee attacks. But your def/agg slider can't be at max to make parry work.

MA is maybe the easyest profession to start with, but it get's harder at higher levels.

MA can use ma weapons. I'm considering to start using ma swords now, since it will add an extra dmg to your regular fists if you use one sword. the down thing is that you can't use ma special attack at the same time as you use ma swords.
Coldraven

Postby Hejiro » Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:12 pm

Ah interesting. I just remembered there are also those special shield items which require a lot of Parry. I'll try to keep the skill raised just to try those out.

What sort of level can an MA start getting those flaming fist nanos? They modify the damage type, right? Like fire and acid.
Hejiro

Postby Coldraven » Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:11 pm

There's a couple of ma nanos out there. Check this site out:
http://auno.org/aodb.php?cmd=search&nano=1&req[or:60:368]=2&sort=ql&sdir=desc&t=ag

Should be helpefull :)
Coldraven

Postby Felicity » Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:31 pm

I read somewhere that with 14.2 they have fixed the MA reqs when comes to weapons using MA skill, like those katana's and such. This was supposed to make MA's able to use their Specials while wielding a sword for example.

You could try out bow's aswell Hejiro.. They arent so common but vey cool.
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Hejiro » Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:29 pm

I had a look at a bow for the first time yesterday and must say I'm rather impressed. They do a bit of damage, not too slow, and have incredible range. Plus there are some incredible special arrows called gadflys or something.. was like 100-200 damage using 40 nano! Huge

My MA's not even level 10 and already it's a push to keep the skills up, just because there are so many. But I'm going to seriously consider IP-Ring to bows, haha
Hejiro

MA advice

Postby Autolycos » Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:07 pm

Hi there! Its me Autolycos, 1 skill you shouldnt waste ip on is Riposte cause the skill dosnt work properly. Also you will get nice heals along the way. After the 14.2 Patch MA`S has gotten much better i recon because the old crit buffs are only self buffed now, so MA`S have an andvagate there. However MA`S will often get more argro now than earlier.

regards

Autolycos
Autolycos

Postby Hejiro » Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:05 am

Hey Autolycos! Nice to see you in the forum :)

Yeah, I have only just noticed that Riposte sucks. When I actually get the chance to use it (seems to have a recharge similar to Dimach..) it hardly works. I think I reflected 4 points of damage once. Wee.

I hit level 10 just before the 4-hour patch down time, so tomorrow I'm gonna concentrate on finding a good bow and then I'll IP-R. Should be interesting. Unfortunately, one or two skills required for bows is dark-blue... but I'll see how it goes.
Hejiro

Return to Chit chat