Howdy!!

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Howdy!!

Postby Imryl » Thu Jun 20, 2002 11:43 am

Heya Folks, Hows life on Rubi Ka? All level 99 now?
Would ya beleive it Im still not playing :)
Anyway, Still doing lots of University work etc, but Got some free time over the Summer, unfortunately I can't afford to Play any online games like AO :( Apart from that Ive spent most of my Time roleplayinf/Games mastering Star Wars Rpg, and finally got a website up, though it still needs alot of work on it.
But I thought I would drop by and say Hi :)
Hope things are going well for ya all :) Sorry its been so long since my last visit :)

Imryl

Postby Hejiro » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:18 pm

Hey nice to see you stopping by Imryl :) Nice StarWars website! Who did the art in the gallery? Those are great -- the "Tomb Raider" twilek is kinky.

Does the StarWars RPG work in the same way as something like AD&D or Shadowrun? Those two are as far as my pencil-and-paper roleplay have extended. I'm interested in the differences.

<edit>
Ahh.. I just read your other post 8)
Hejiro

Well...

Postby Imryl » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:01 am

Heya, sorry, Ive not been around lately. I have been awfully busy organising artwork for a Star Wars Gallery as a Council Member in a Star Wars Artists Guild called SWAG. That and also producing work for the up and coming Star Wars Online Journal also.
So to answer that question, Yes I did all the Artwork on my Website. Though its sadly lacking in content and hasn't been updated in a month or two (Just been far tooo busy).

The Star Wars RPG is very much like AD&D 3rd edition, it uses the D20 System with minor changes, such as HP's are divided into two, Vitality and Wounds. Wounds are = to your constitution.
The system works like this...If you get hit, you can spend vitality to move out the way. So 14 damage from a blaster could kill you outright (If you had 13 Constitution) So you would take the damage from the Vitality to say you got a little exhausted avoiding the damage. You receive vitality as you level, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10 per level all depending on class. A little more realistic system than AD&D that suggests some one can hack away at a level 20 fighter with a sword and barely scratch the 'iron' man.

Apart from that it remains pretty much the same without going into 'The Force'.

Its one of the better reolplaying games since RuneQuest.

Postby Hejiro » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:13 pm

Sounds pretty cool, Imryl. The SW-RPG damage system sounds a little like Shadowrun which I think had two types of damage a character can take.

AD&D is pretty unrealistic, but I guess it's just designed to be simple and easy/quick to play.
Hejiro

Return to Chit chat