Doccroc and Techomo - party animals :)

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Doccroc and Techomo - party animals :)

Postby Hejiro » Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:36 pm

Two huge parties at Reets Retreat in two days! and Doccroc and Techomo made a grand show for RKFF by attending them both.

The first was a suprising AO 1st birthday celebration. Techo and Doc were already groovin' at Reets with some strangers Techo had picked up from somewhere, when two "party fiends" (I have some photos of these creatures to post soon) arrived declaring a party was going to begin, and they were trying to direct people there.

There was huge zone lag through Borealis and SWB, and the party fiends left, but eventually the people started pouring in. Soon the glass floor was packed with 30-40 dancers! The music was thumpin', the bodies were swingin'... sometimes the other way around too.

So that was great, but then it got even better with the OOK celebration party and comedy hour.

Again at Reets, it was attended by many clanners and even a couple of omnis. There was some great dancing out on the glass floor, with terrific music streamed by DJ Elektrica (I somehow managed to play the 32Kbps stream and still move in-game -- on modem! weee).

After some dancing, mingling and drinks we all headed downstairs for the comedy session. There were a lot less contestants than I thought there would be, and it also took some time to get started (one disruptive omni did not help).

I think there ended up being 4 or 5 serious contestants, including Techomo. There was a hilarious skit of an omni (make an insult then jump into the Grid), a string of short jokes by Zepto, one disqualification due to "rude words", and another. But amazingly, in the end, TECHOMO WON! weeeeeeeee! 1 million cred :D

I will get him to post his actually joke when he gets the chance.

Once the comedy had concluded, Zepto stood and addressed the audience with a small speech about the reason for the party (celebrate Zepto's presidency) and also the benefits of guild "alliances" -- Techo said a few words about it too. Great promotion for OOK and RKFF.

Then Zepto suprised everyone by announcing his engagement to Sweetkate! Many cheers resounded! And THEN he continued by announcing that this whole occasion he had sent his top agent to infiltrate Omni territory -- Mr. Ross's home on less! -- and retrieve his refridgerator!! Woolymammoth deposited the 'large fridge' right in front of us all to much laughter and cheers.

It was then back upstairs to some more dancing, music, talking etc. A fantastic event!
Hejiro

Postby Hejiro » Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:39 pm

Oh, and both Mamasboy2 and Herich were able to make appearances too, so that was awesome!
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:38 pm

Oh that sounds awesome! Great work there Tech and Doccroc, and grats to that mil! I bet that fits right in yer pocket :)

Very good work on the OOK RKFF speach too! I /bow in your general direction :wink:
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Hejiro » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:51 am

As promised, here is Techomo's joke:
------------------------------

G'day, I'm Techomo. This is my pet robot. His name is "Sex".

Now, Sex has been very embarrassing to me.

I want to be a responsible bot owner, so when I first arrived on Rubi-Ka I went to Council Hall and told the clerk that I would like a license for Sex. He said, "I'd like to have one too." Then I said, "You don't understand. I've had Sex since I was eleven years old." He said, "You must have been quite a kid!"

When I decided to get married, I told the minister that I would like to have Sex at the wedding. He told me to wait until after the wedding was over. I said, "But Sex has played a big part in my life and my whole world revolves around Sex." He said he didn't want to hear about my personal life and would not marry us in his church. I told him everyone would enjoy having Sex at the wedding. The next day we were married at the Justice of the Peace. My family is now barred from the church.

Time came for our honeymoon and I took the robot with me. I told the hotel clerk that I wanted a room for my wife and me, and a special room for Sex. He said, "Every room in the place is for sex." I said, "You don't understand. Sex keeps me awake at night." The clerk said, "Me too."

Last night Sex ran off. I spent hours looking around town for him. A guard came over to me and asked, "What are you doing in the alley at 4 o'clock in the morning?" I said, "I'm looking for Sex."

My case comes up Friday.
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:05 am

LOL! I can see why you won! That was so great. Man, you should do that sort of thing for a living.

Was laughing out load at work, and people started looking at me in strange ways.. :lol:
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Hejiro » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:49 am

hehehe :) It's actually based of an old joke "A dog named Sex". I read it a week ago and it was perfect!
Hejiro

Postby Hejiro » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:20 am

I mentioned in the first post about strange "party fiend" creatures. They were worthy of Techomo's Rubi-Kan Oddities so have a look there:

Two party fiends
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:30 am

I know, I'm an evil person I had to delete a post from Cogs here aswell.. He said something about Tech being a danged good fella and that he will send a marriage proposal as soon as his sexchange is done :) (j/k)
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Coldraven » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:18 pm

Haha that joke was so funny.

Realy great work.

I can understand why you won.

Congratulations
Coldraven

Postby Hejiro » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:20 pm

RFMAO... now who's the comedian Felicity! :lol:
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:03 am

Nah, I'm an amateur compared to you Hej :)
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Party Press

Postby Zepto » Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:01 am

Check out the press release about the party!!!

http://www.anarchy-online.com/content/c ... cles/3900L
Zepto

Postby Hejiro » Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:26 am

That's a really good article. But sad news about Wooly! Although.. at the party he was already mostly "disappeared"..... ;)
Hejiro

Postby Cogs » Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:08 pm

A grand report it was, I sorry I couldnt be there! But, alas, it seems prolonged happiness is a rare commodity here on Rubi-Ka! Im saddened to hear of Woolys, a dear old friend, disappearance, and aparent capture.
Should a rescue party be staged, I would like to be invited along if only for cannon fodder. Wooly must be rescued.
And, Techomo, I applaud your efforts on RKFF's behalf. If this guild ever recovers, you shoudl be our next Diplomat/PR officer. No doubt in my mind :)

Zepto, inform us of your plans regarding Wooly's rescue, I will happily contribute.

Cogs
Cogs

Return to Chit chat