My lunch break

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

My lunch break

Postby Hejiro » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:59 pm

The sun is happily beaming down on Hobart. Wispy clouds stretch across the blue sky. Soft, cool, complimentary breeze. Electronic billboard declares 21 degrees celcius. I amble through the bustling city, soaking the rays, shiver in the shadows. Dark sunglasses hide my eyeing of women in their skimpy summer clothing. Buy a turkish pizza, seat myself in a sunny, lawned area along a walkway, behind some buildings. Raise my specs above my forehead, bite into the chicken and mushroom. Close my eyes and enjoy the warmth and incredible peace of the middle of a city.

Ahhh, what a glorious day.
Hejiro

Postby BigSwede » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:00 am

I wake up by a sudden sound, wondering what it is thats disturbing my lovely peace. I raise my head to sit up, only to bang it in the bed above and I realize that yet again I've slept in the childrens room. The sound is still disturbing me as I haven't really waken up yet.I get out of the bed rubbing my forehead in pain. I take two steps ahead in the direction of the disturbing sound only to trip on a small mountain of dinky toy cars my youngest played with yesterday. I manage to hit my knee into the bookshelf while trying to regain the balance. Finally I'm by the alarm clock wich is eagerly trying to remind me that it's time to wake up and get to work. DRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG! I shut the damn thing of while rubbing my knee and eyes and realize I am no longer in my dreamworld. But still some sound is disturbing the otherwise so quiet house. Another alarm? I rub my eyes yet again in order to get the sleepy blurr off my vision.

I realise that the second alarm isn't a clock, it's my soon-to be two year old son that wants somebody to come rescue him from his baby bed. On my way down to change on him I peek out the window and the fog is so thick I could carve it with a knife. I check the clock and it's almost eight, and I'm late for work... again.

Ohhhh, today's gonna suck.....
BigSwede

Postby Cogs » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:27 pm

What Big said!! Omitting the kids and dinky toys of course.
I tell you, the older I get, the more I hunger for a warm, stable climate all year round. It HAS to affect your mood, somehow. Darkness when I go to work, darkness when I get home...........argh!
But, still, I seem to enjoy the days anyway, we have but this one life, and should prolly try to enjoy, come rain or shine, lol

Cogs
Cogs

Postby Hejiro » Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:24 pm

haha! What great stories. Interesting comparisons :) Is it difficult to travel in that fog?

Weather certainly has an effect on me. Cold and dark always make me feel lethargic and want to just sleep. When it's warm and sunny I want to go outside and just... um, sleep... no, I mean go outside and do things :P
Hejiro

Postby BigSwede » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:44 pm

Hejiro, picture yourseld trying to drive your car in dense fog when it's black outside at 07:00 without streetlights. Interesting, I might add..
BigSwede

Return to Chit chat