Introduction

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Introduction

Postby Saudonan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:39 am

Hi there, I've just applied to join. I'm on my first toon and am currently at lvl 107 so it's about time I got myself affiliated. I looked at a few different orgs and chose to apply here because it seems to most closely match my playing style.

My toon is a lvl107 Atrox Soldier (Saudonan) and I think it's going reasonably well - I'm doing lvl139 solo missions at the moment - and I understand a bit about twinking although I'm not going to get obsessed about it. I've got all the expansions but haven't really got into shadowlands, tower wars or alien invasion so I'm looking for an org which can help introduce me to them - endless solo missions occasionally broken up by a team borg mission is starting to get a bit dull. There must be more to AO than that.

I'm 34, based in England and only regularly get to play in the evenings (19:00-22:00 GMT) when the kids are in bed, 2 or 3 times a week.

I'd also like to understand the tradeskill side of things but possibly an Atrox soldier isn't the best choice for that and I'd be better off with a new toon. I'd also like to learn to recognise when I've looted something rare so I don't sell it cheap to a Fair Trade terminal. If anyone wants anything from me in-game, just ask and I'll help if I can.

Hope to be teaming with you all soon

Martin
Saudonan

Postby Kid » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:10 am

Your are very welcome Martin.

Everything you wrote applied to me when I joined (except the bit about kids). Em, actually, most of it still applies to me.

I'm fairly new to Cerberus & AO still, but I can say without doubt that these are a great bunch of people and you will not regret signing up.

If you see a toon in-game with a name that starts 'Kid', then it's probably me. I've got a few toons, but my MA and ADV are of similar level to yours, so I'll send you a /tell when I'm out leveling or doing something interesting.

Any questions, just ask me and I'll be happy to provide a newb answer. For a decent answer, just ask in Guild Chat......you'll get an good answer 95% of the time. The other 5% will be replies from Rob....hehe.

Again, welcome & glad to have you on board. Now go forth and kick ass!
-The Doc that runs away lives to die another day.
-I am not prejudiced againts Omni's. I hate everyone equally.
-My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Ukulele » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:14 am

Hey and welcome!

I might be able to help you a bit with those tradeskill questions when something comes to mind. I'm usually logged either as Ukulele or Gleordie/Ukuliina.

Good to see some new blood! :D/
:aliendance:
Ukulele

Postby trgeorge » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:48 am

Heya and welcome

If you're the one that's using same nick on official forums, I think you'll soon learn basics and more. It's strange, but what Kid said, actually apply up to a point. Those that play for longer time take quite a bit of game mechanics for granted. They never stop to question those parts and tho never remember to explain. But if you prompt them )as poster on official forums does), they'll be more than happy to share info.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

Postby Murderall » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:28 pm

Game mechanics, there's game mechanics? Oh yeah, that be the Engis ;-)

Eyup dude, teh coolest agent on Rubi-Ka bids u welcome 8)
Teh Coolest agent on Rubi-Ka 8)

Teh stuff I use right now Out of date!
Murderall

Postby Saudonan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:30 pm

Yes that's me on the official forums too. Making a nuisance of myself asking noob stuff ;-) But if you don't ask, you don't get.

Anyway, I suspect like most of you, I've been playing on noob island on RK2 this evening. It's so much easier the second time round :-)

Looking forward to getting back to RK1 though - never seen so much animosity as from all the regular RK2 crowd with all the extra traffic...
Saudonan

Postby Procurator2 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Murderall wrote:teh coolest agent on Rubi-Ka

Excuse me?......
Procurator2

Postby Jasper2002 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:40 pm

Until you get back Proc, then you guys can fight in the silo for the title :)
Jasper2002

Postby Murderall » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:34 pm

8)
Teh Coolest agent on Rubi-Ka 8)

Teh stuff I use right now Out of date!
Murderall

Postby Zuntsu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:02 am

Heya Saudonan! Good to have you on board.

If you need anything, just send a tell :)
Zuntsu

Postby Saudonan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:35 pm

I'm now a guest so fingers-crossed in two weeks I'll be on board.

And to top it off, I finally saved up enough credits and xp for my new gun - a ql138 Perennium Blaster. Way hey!
Saudonan

Return to Chit chat