Cable

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Cable

Postby Superfreakeh » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:06 pm

I thought I had a plan to get back on AO, but my computer won't seem to connect through the modem. I tried setting up connections and such, but it's supposed to connect automatically. Anyone know where I might have gone wrong? Tried LAN connections, and the modems ones. None seem to work.
Superfreakeh

Postby Horsey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:53 am

In Norway I had trouble with the modem. Though its supposed to autoconnect and its supposed to work no matter witch company you use, I had to buy a new modem from my new internetprovider.
No one could tell me what was wrong with the old one, it just didnt work..
If you can, maybe try to replace each part in the connection with new borrowed ones, one by one, to see if can find the thing that dont work?

Or plan B, buy a sixpack of beer and a pizza, and start nerdhunting among your friends :)

Good luck
Horsey

Postby Superfreakeh » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:31 pm

ooks like I'm movin' to plan B. :P
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Postby trgeorge » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Do you connect to moder directly? Or via router?
If you're using router (or firewall), it could be that you need to open ports/recunfigure router (mac adress, ip stuff, etc...)
And what AV program do you use?
I had this issue with one of beta Pandas, where it simply blocked all the connections. And I couldn't even change those settings. Easiest way to test something like that is to disable AV and try to connect then.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

Postby Superfreakeh » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:28 pm

It's plugged directly into a motorola modem with built in wireless router. Think i'll just have one of my nerdy friends come over and do it. Thanks though.
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Return to Chit chat