AO Problems!

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

AO Problems!

Postby Varza » Fri May 25, 2007 1:23 am

I seem to be having some problems with AO, I downloaded the large client earlier, I had uninstalled classic edition etc, I left the patching on while I was at school then when I came back there was some error message about not finding the patch on the server etc etc...
So I pressed retry and it started downloading next patch, did all that then had to restart AO for changes to take effect etc etc..

So I got back into menu for AO, it was taking ages for the dimension information to appear, it finally did and said the servers were down and I needed to patch it, so tried to patch it and wouldn't let me, then closed and reopened and now it can't even retrieve dimension informations at all ...
I have reinstalled large client, uninstalled that and tried small client again and none of them work, so I currently can't get into AO atm and none of the computers in my house can :(

And for some reason I can't access the AO webpage or forums either :(
Now if anyone could help me to get back into AO, it would be REALLY appreciated!!! :)

And if I can't fix the problem, guess ill have to find a new game :(

/rant end
Varza

Postby Jasper2002 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:46 pm

I had the same issue on my laptop when I tried to install AO.

Did you get the large client via Bittorrent, if so I think it is a bit screwed somewhere. I would try one of the other download sources available if you can to get it.

Sorry it isn't a quick fix solution but it sounds similar to what I had to do
Jasper2002

Postby Psymonator » Sat May 26, 2007 12:29 am

same, when i came back after my break i got a messed up client from bitttorrent. but also the large client is buggy , you will often need to keep retrying patching as it is a bit fooked, dajj tryed for about 2 hours the other day to get large client working, and eventually it did :)
Psymon The hot Korean Pimp!!! Who Gets With ALL The Ladies!!!
Psymonator

Postby Superfreakeh » Sat May 26, 2007 9:10 am

I had troubles with my torrent copy as well. I used the Download.com file, but now we have it copied to an iPod that we pass around.
JWin' since 1990
Superfreakeh

Postby trgeorge » Mon May 28, 2007 12:41 am

Also check router and it's ports (if you have it) as well as firewall on AV program you're using (while yu start AO with anarchy.exe, it's actually client.exe that connects you to servers).
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

Postby Varza » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:09 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions ... :)

I did get the large client via Bittorrent although that wasn't the problem ...

My firewall or port forwarding was not the problem either :)

It was my ISP :roll:

So its working now, :D but, Was at the end of patching just before, and my internet disconnected, so called ISP and it was a problem they were having with the whole area where I live, so my internet will probably disconnect in a few minutes until they get it sorted :(

So if I get to patch my client any time soon, (ISP Problems ftl :D)
I will hopefully see you guys in game soon :D
Varza

Postby Dajjal » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:47 pm

yay! welcome back then... :D/
Dajjal

Return to Chit chat