Baphomet and The Beast

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Baphomet and The Beast

Postby Smacdevil » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:09 am

"...For [Alaister] Crowley, Baphomet is further a representative of the spiritual nature of the spermatozoa while also being symbolic of the "magical child" produced as a result of sex magic. As such, Baphomet represents the Union of Opposites, especially as mystically personified in Chaos and Babalon combined and biologically manifested with the sperm and egg united in the zygote.

But Crowley saw Baphomet as more than the Union of Opposites—-he is also the Lust that leads to such Union. Baphomet is depicted in Crowley's Thoth Tarot deck, in the card "Devil" (Atu XV). Here, he is identified with the Greek god Pan, the All-Begetter. He is "creative energy in its most material form [...], the goat leaping with lust upon the summits of earth [...], the divine madness of spring"

Crowley, who was known as "The Beast," also identified himself with Baphomet. In The Equinox of the Gods he describes another card from the Tarot, this time "Lust" (Atu XI), "It shows the Scarlet Woman, BABALON, riding (or conjoined with) me The Beast ; and this card is my special card, for I am Baphomet, 'the Lion and the Serpent,' and 666, the 'full number' of the Sun" [19] It is perhaps for this reason that Crowley assumed the magical name of Baphomet when he was risen to the X° within Ordo Templi Orientis."

"Baphomet, as Lévi's illustration suggests, has occasionally been portrayed as a synonym of Satan or a demon, a member of the hierarchy of Hell. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baphomet

Some kind of screwed up, yet interesting stuff :-)
Smacdevil

Re: Baphomet and The Beast

Postby Psymonator » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:41 pm

i thought you were drunk when i first started reading this post but it all makes sense ;)
Psymon The hot Korean Pimp!!! Who Gets With ALL The Ladies!!!
Psymonator

Return to Chit chat