Bit Torrent

Place to hang out and talk about anything.

Bit Torrent

Postby Legrandchef » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:40 am

I am trying to get back into game for a bit although I am on an underpowered laptop. At least I think it is underpowered. I'd like to log into guild chat at least. I have downloaded large client for AO using bit torrent and it is in my download folder. I cannot seem to get any further forward than that. I cannot start or open the download. Does anyone who is more experienced with bit torrent know what I should do next?

Chef
If you were at Druss' funeral, and did not weep, there is something wrong with you.
Legrandchef

Re: Bit Torrent

Postby lynett » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:50 am

what files are in your download folder ? is there a setup.exe or some .cab files ? or .zip/.rar packed something maybe ?

i checked the .torrent file on the fc website, my guess is that its some self-extracting archiv: "AnarchyOnline_17.6.1_EP0.exe" if you run this i may pompt you for some temporary space to extract all the .cab files and stuff.

you also can download the full setup from funcoms ftp: ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/AOInstall17.1.1 ... e_nointro/ (all files in there) even is never version then the torrent, might save trouble with patching ;-)

good luck :thumbsup:
--
cu
lyn
lynett

Postby Legrandchef » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:39 am

AnarchyOnline_17.6.1_EP1_EP2_EP3.exe is the file I have downloaded but I have not been able to get it to do anything.

Chef
If you were at Druss' funeral, and did not weep, there is something wrong with you.
Legrandchef

Postby Flameforge » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:43 pm

The .exe did finish 100%? What torrent program did you use? They tend to reserve the space needed to download the files, so e.g. that .exe may look 2GB but actually be "empty".
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Legrandchef » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 pm

I used Bit Torrent to download and it had finished 100%. I wondered if the laptop I am on is too feeble to cope with a big file like this. I am trying to start from scratch as I have no AO files on this computer at all and if I cannot get the download going I cannot get back ingame at all. I am open to any other suggestions.

Chef
Legrandchef

Postby trgeorge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:20 am

Simply doubleclicking AnarchyOnline_17.6.1_EP1_EP2_EP3.exe (or runing it) should start instalation process.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

Postby Legrandchef » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:58 am

That is just what I thought, Tr, but it did not.

Lynett's suggest of this link ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/AOInstall17.1.1 ... e_nointro/ was the thing that finally worked for me. It was the easiest thing in the end. Thanks to all who replied to the question for your advice and help.

Legrandchef
Legrandchef

Return to Chit chat