How to farm Tier2 Embryos

The how to's (posting only allowed by Cerberus members)

Moderator: Smacdevil

How to farm Tier2 Embryos

Postby Smacdevil » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:33 am

Here's a quick guide that explains how to farm embryos for Tier 2 armor. Any questions, please ask ingame or post below.

1. Get a good HP buff or two.

2. Go to one of the Penumbra temples (Redeemed should be fastest to access with or without sanctuary key).

3. Enter the spirit room and take the first corridor to your left, run until you reach the end and jump in the hole (there's actually two pits, but both lead to the same location).

4. You will now be at the starting point marked on the map. Prepare to blitz all the way to the exit area. In short, max runspeed and evades (full DEF), cancel reflects and try to reduce lag as much as possible through your view settings. Everything counts in the highly dangerous and laggy environment. If you have pets, do /pet wait.

5. Follow the route I have traced on the map, and try to keep your distance from side doors as they create huge lag spikes when they open.

6. Stop at the yellow dot just after the last door, here you will be safe if you kept high enough speed. Be careful as there is one mob just around the left corner. Summon your pets if you have any.

7. Wait a few minutes for your train to reset (watch your minimap) and tell your buddy it's safe to follow.

8. Start whacking mobs at your leisure, there are 6 spawns total in the exit area which are max. level 210 and easy kills compared to the rest of the dungeon. Respawn is rather slow, but at least there won't be any adds. Beware nanoskill debuffs.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the low drop rates make this highly unrewarding for more than 2-3 people over any length of time. I have managed to get 1-2 embryos each time I've tried this, and it's taken from about 30 minutes to 3 hours to get an embryo.

Now you're all set, happy farming and good luck :)

[img]http://www.hardfish.com\aoweb\images\pencatas.gif[/img]
Last edited by Smacdevil on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Smacdevil

Postby Selavi » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:42 am

Nice guide mate. just wish there wasnt 1 embry dropping each 30 hours :?
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Smacdevil » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:49 am

Thanks Sel, but the rate is really not *that* bad unless there's too many ppl sharing the loot. The shame is how hard this is to accomplish for the level ranges who could actually benefit form using Tier2 armor.
Smacdevil

Postby Sidarion » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:55 am

Very nice and comprehensive guide!

I think farming endless hours for one measly piece of Tier 2 pushed me into exile in the first place :(

Sid
Sidarion

Return to AO guides