Ordenary day

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Ordenary day

Postby HealerKat » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:00 am

(( This is a story i wrote a year ago. some of the Ex-Excaliburians may have read it before. Dunno why im posting it, maybe casue i get in a retro-mood, and starts remembering when i read it.. Alot of these places i havent been to for 1-2 years))

I tend to wake up in some Bar or pub. Usually "The Happy Rebel" with a Major hangover. While I stumble over to the rest-room, im trying to think what I celebrated the previous day, what I did, and whom I was having a great time with. After I have bothered the Bartender, by ordering several Plumbo XXX beers, I’m thinking of food. So I walk over to the nearest Bronto burger bar, and order the largest Bronto burger the guy behind the counter can make, and eat it like a dog with rabies. One large "burp" later, im trying to find an insurance terminal. I don’t want to respawn in an ot-city, near an ot-guard I mooned the night before. It tends to be rather messy :P. Feeling kind of lonely (im a social atrox) I call my guild mates on the guild radio ( Guild channel). As a lazy fat trader I am, I don’t actually speak. I mumble something like "HI!! arphh ther somphhone onphlinphh? (Are there someone online?)" After a few tries someone actually can understand what im saying. And I, once again, find me too low lvl to team with any of my guild mates. Then I walk over to "The Happy Rebel again" while im swearing like only an Atrox can. Before I drink a couple more plumbo xxx beers. Feeling lonelier, I walk out side, yelling to the others, that im looking for a team. After a few minutes (may be up to 15 min) of "ignoring the loud trader", someone yells from NLC (New Lagg City). Don’t ask me how they do it. It’s quite a distance. Finally a team, and at lvl 57 I have Huge problems finding a team. I'm meeting my new team at Bully Bridge. A place I hate by now BTW. After we have killed the bully, their replacements are taking too long to get to his post again. (Slow Respawn). A few 1000 xp later im bored of Bully Bridge, and say goodbye and good luck to the others in my team. Oh yeah we make sure we promise to keep in touch, and we hope to team up later sometime, while we all have forgotten the others name after 10 min... I don’t know why we do that. Common code I believe. Shades next. And that’s a LOOONG run from Bully Bridge.

Pointing out the direction and hitting the "Forever run mode" button, I can just enjoy the fine landscape and nature of the wonderful world of rubi-ka. Passed by all those yalms, flying over my head, Im hoping I will find one to, in my next mission. 4 weeks of looking for one, I never have found a car. When I getting close to NLC im thinking of using the grid. Social as I am, I love to meet people, but im not int. in being in a large crowd like the one in Newland. I decide to use the North gate to avoid as much as I can of the population in NLC. "WHOMP", and im in my home town, TIR, again. I resist stopping by "The Happy Rebel" for another Plumbo xxx beer. Another 30 min of running, im finally at shade, just to find myself completely alone. More Atrox swearing, and I don’t care now because im all alone. “What??” someone reply, and I realize im talking on guild channel :P by this time I need a break. Using the nifty /AFK command I sit down and rest for a while. When I use the /AFK command again, I notice that there are several peoples around me, and lucky me, I finally get a team.

He he. Now im getting somewhere. Fast xp. I almost feel the "Ding", when some stupid f**k want to hunt vults. Vults are ok. Better xp. But no one in my team realizes the Sandworm sneaking upon us from behind. "You have been killed by melee dmg", something tells me in my mind. Next thing I see is the reclaim booth, and on the team channel, I hear cries for help. I turn my head to the left, and I can see the face of our doc. More cries for help, and more of my team mates respawn next to me. Now almost the whole team is by my side. "Where is everyone?" I hear on the team channel. "I was AFK for a sec" the same f**k who wanted to hunt vults says. Then I hear something I don’t hear every day. A solitus soldier swearing like a fully grown Atrox... After a few min. well its more like 30 sec. I find my self in team with the stupid f**k, and only him. Everyone else has left the team.

"Where is everyone" He says.
"They left" I reply.
"Let hunt vults" he says.
"Just the 2 of us?" I ask.
"Yes" he answers
"You have left your team" I can read on my eye implant.

Ok. 4 or 5 hours of the day had just gone down the drain. Still weaken' by the respawning I start on the run back to Tir. The Plumbo xxx beer, ohh, I can almost taste it. Entering the west gate I run as fast as I can, over to the "The Happy Rebel". Entering the bar as KING of the world, as I yell" Lets have a party". The bartender looks at me, and shakes his head, saying "Not again". As the speed im running at, isn’t build for my body, I trip on something on the floor. Hitting my head on the counter. I quickly stand up, and notice the only ones in the bar are me and the bartender. “Bring me the largest pint of Plumbo xxx beer” I say to the bartender. The only friend I have in this world. After a while I have a black out under a table, and sleeps through the night. Waking up the next morning, wondering what I celebrated last night......

Traderkat.

*Edited: Due to Text-block of doom*
HealerKat

Postby Flameforge » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:28 pm

Haha, yes I remember those two hunting spots well.
Good story--that atrox sounds like quite a character...
Flameforge
Website monkey

Return to Roleplaying and the arts