The Lockhart Chronicles: Red Alert

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The Lockhart Chronicles: Red Alert

Postby Volais » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:21 pm

What a day. First the damn incident at baboons and then that Radiman fellow decides to show his ugly clanner face in Omni-1 with his little game of "Chess" with Ross. So, here i am, standing guard in Omni-HQ, waiting for this night to end so I could just get home and watch the "Leet comedy hour" gridstream. Yeah, the day couldnt get any worse than this.

Hell...It got worse, alot worse.

5 hours haver passed now, and they're still up there, Im sure Ross is showing that disgustin Clan whore a thing or two, hes Mr. Ross after all.

It's funny to look back on things like this...

Finally...Ive gotten word from the cheif that Radiman will be leaving...thank god.

Looking back, I wished it never ended.

Radimans shuttle took off...I can fianlly get home. 12:30 am...damn, missed my shows. Im getting a report from the cheif again, seems there's been some activity near apartment complex 15 In omni entertainment, whoever they are, they aint Omni. Shit, now I gotta break up a bunch of Clanner teens that decided to sneak in for some late night action at baboons.

Heh....Teens....

Ive finally arrived at the complex. Somethin is wrong, the place is swarming with other Omni-Pol. Turns out the "Teens" had killed off a few guards and entered the apartment complex. They were still in there. So we waited, finally, they m,ade a break for it. I held up my Nova flow and let loose a volly of energy, it struck one of the guys and he fell dead. 2 others were gunned down by the rest of the group. THe rest of them are running off, with several guards in hot persuit. Finally, I could go home and......what....the alarm...its blaring...somethings been detected in the apartment complex. Crap...they did somethin in there...I gotta...what? All sound seems to have come to a standstill...its quiet. And...oh my god...the building...the light...the blast...before my very eyes I can see it. The cracking of the walls, the shattering of the glass...the building...its collapsing. A Bomb...they detonated a bomb...all those people...most without insurance....in one tiny second every living thing in that building was dead.

The dust, has settled, the building lies in ruins...the other Omni-pol soldiers stand is disbelief...and through the quiet night air...only one sound is heard. A sound that i know will be heard for the rest of our lives......"Ashes to Ashes...Dust to Dust"
Volais

Postby Volais » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:23 pm

I tried a new little commentary technique that another writer friend of mine taught me. How do you like it. and what about my story..how was it to get a little insight into my past?
Volais

Postby LilBurst » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:07 pm

Wow, nice! I remember when that story arc took place...interesting to see it from the point of view of a bystander. FC need a few people like you volly :) keep em coming!
LilBurst

Postby Sidarion » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:05 am

You definitely have some skillz there, Volais!

Well done
Sidarion

Return to Roleplaying and the arts