The Shadow

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The Shadow

Postby Volais » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:18 pm

Im gonna post the rest of the chapters here, so check back in.

If you missed to other stories, fopllow the links

(Chapter 1)
http://cerberus.kauler.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=759

(Chapter 2)
http://cerberus.kauler.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=813

Theres some errors on Chapter 2...i have no idea what happened
Volais

Postby Volais » Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:56 pm

The transport flew over the ruins of the Nasence outpost(Only specially enabled J.A.M.E. vehicles have been equipped to survive the harsh environments of the Shadowlands). All around, people wandered about, searching for the missing. The large building that was once the research station was now a blazing infero, still burning after the nights events. The whirling smoke from the wreckage was swirled about as the craft touched down.

Several large figures emerged from the landing craft, their pistols clacking against their Jobe Armor. A last nanomage stepped out of the transport. Wearing a black Jobe administrative outfit, and bearing a large cybornetic device grafted to the right side of his face, it was obvious this person held a high position among researchers. He stepped onto the courtyard of the outpost and looked up at the flame comming from the labs. "So does anyone wish to tell me what the hell happened here?" He said in a crackly mid pitched voice.

"One of the tests...it escaped." A young man dressed in a tourn up security guard outfit said, comming up from behind, "I saw it.....or....a shadow of it. No one could clearly see it, it was far to fast. Luckily I escaped without to many injuries. The research team wasnt so lucky...this...thing...apparently knows the secrets of perma death, none survived."

"What is your name?" the Nanomage said with a slight smile.

"My...my names Grif..." He replied, a look of slight terror in his eyes.

"Now, can you tell me anything that happened prior to his escape?" the nanomage said, reaching into his pocket and clicking a few things.

"Well..I...he...escaped, the entire military force could stop him...he...killed a couple of them then melted away into the shadows....i know nothing else." Grid said slowly backing away.

"Thank you." The naomage smiled then pulled out a glowing pistol and shot Grif in the head. He fell over, perma killed. The nanomage turned to the guards standing behind him. "Kill the rest, wipe their insurance. If any word of this gets out, itll be your heads." He turned around and stepped into the transport. The guards loaded uo their weapons and moved off to round up the survivors. The transport hummed and lifted off.

"All goes according to plan. All that remains is to get out little agent involved." He flipped up his Grid database. "Ah, interesting. So our search begins. Pilot, take me to the Rubi-kan portal, I must get in touch with a particular clan organization." He looked on the screen and read the name once over.....Cerberus.
Last edited by Volais on Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:46 pm

(Just one point: I don't think current flying/vehicular technologies work in the Shadowlands. It's likely new versions are being developed, and that's probably what you're working with, but no doubt the info would have leaked out pretty quickly.

Otherwise this is another interesting chapter.)
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:46 pm

Im aware of the flying thing. But I took a little leeway and figured that Jobe had developed a particular device. I guess Ill alter it.
Volais

Return to Roleplaying and the arts