The Lockhart Chronicles: Uprising

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The Lockhart Chronicles: Uprising

Postby Volais » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:33 pm

<BEGIN GRID JOURNAL REPLAY>
<CHAPTER: UPRISING>
<LOCATION: 4 HOLES NOTUM MINE #4>

Workers Quaters- 24 hours before uprising

Things have gotten hectic these past few days. Ever since those murmers of rebellion at mine #2, Omni-Pol has stepped up security. Their harsh treatment of us growing with eveyday. Now these talks of rebellion have reached us. For the past 2 days we've been plotting the uprising. Xyther spends his nights either pacing around mumbling something, or fashioning his daggers. The night grows long, and I feel weary, I must sleep for the rebellion could came at anytime...I must be ready to assist.

Mining Shaft 18- 10 hours until uprising

Everyone is quiet. Xyther tells me that today may be the day. He continues to eye the guards as they go on patrol, as if hes memorizing their paths. Everyone in awile, hell remove his daggers and strioke them on a piece of Notum, to keep them sharp he says. I must end this transmission, a Guard approaches.

Storage room- 1 hour before the attack

It has been confirmed, the attack is today, but when. We've been advised to spend our short break to collect and weapons from the supply room, along with any personal items. I myself grabbed several items and shoved them in the hidden compartment on my gridport. I was also able to secure several Freedom Arms and enough bullets to suit my needs. Ive hidden them under my work coat, so they wont be noticed.

Mine Tunnel- 30 minutes after uprising

The uprising has begun. Everywhere, miners are taking cover and oping fire at Omni-Pol soldiers and droids. Weve secured the upper weapons cache, we secured enough weapons to hold out agaisnt Omni for awhile. Ive had little combat along side Xyther. AS the one who began the attack, hes spent the whole time on the front lines. His quickness and skillful swordplay caught the Omni-bastards off guard, and so far hes doing a damn good job of helping fend them off. I must return to the fight, I am needed.

Outside mine #2- 1 hour after uprising.

We've broken free of the guards and are now liberating the miners of mine #2. I stand gaurdoutside, shooting anything that gets near us. Xyther led a party inside to take out the guards and free them. Already I can hear the voices of the men running for freedom, and....oh god...Omni-Pol.....eveywhere...we're surrounded. I dont know if I can...

Voice of Xyther: Charge forward, break the lines.

Were trying to break through but...arg! Damnit, they've hit me with nanobots...I cant move.

Shouting: Im hit, Eric!

Xyther has turned back to look at me and the rest that didnt break through, damnit, why wont he just go.

Voice of Xyther: Be strong John, Ill come for you one day.

Finally hes gone. Hell make it...but the rest of us...I dont know what yet waits in store...

<END GRID JOURNAL REPLAY>
Volais

Return to Roleplaying and the arts