When is it mission time?

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Postby Herich » Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:05 pm

Well from my own meandering experiences, it is best to do as many missions as you can while you young. the tokens will be easyier to get... and the missions will be Alot smaller and faster.. when ur small u can pull out 30 missions in 2 nights if u work at it.. maybe more.. when ur big?? ur lucky to get in 3.. so just a lil hint to all you out there who want to know when is the best time to do missions.. lvl 1 - 30 after that.. in my opionion they just get Bigger.. and harder..<-- ussually end up needing a team.

~Herich~ out.

P.S this is only my opinion...
Herich

Postby Hejiro » Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:44 pm

It's good advice. With my newer characters I have plunged them straight into missions from about level 2. When you die you don't lose XP, and you also find good items and make better money than in the 'training area'.
Hejiro

Postby Herich » Tue Apr 30, 2002 9:15 am

Very True..

~Herich~ out.
Herich

Postby Zepto » Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:05 pm

Make sure you mission until you get a Yalm. If not it will be a very expensive time at the higher levels. (Can you tell my experence here) :smile:
Zepto

Postby Hejiro » Tue Apr 30, 2002 3:10 pm

:sad: I've still not got a Yalm... I should've missioned a lot more when they were in plentiful supply in that patch bug..
Hejiro

Postby Zepto » Wed May 01, 2002 7:19 pm

Yeah, I spent all of my 30's hunting when I should have been missioning. No Yalm and a small token board. Boy, the price of a yalm sure made me think twice before doing that gain. I am happy to have fine clan brothers that helped me aquire it but I am still short tokens. Anyway, advice to lower level characters. Mission like crazy at that level, you will appriciate it later.

http://community.anarchy-online.com/character/bio/d/1/name/zepto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zepto on 2002-05-02 05:20 ]</font>
Zepto

Postby Wirecutter » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:42 am

what's a Yalm
Wirecutter

Postby Felicity » Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:46 am

A Yalmaha. A plane, the most convenient way to travel through Rubi Ka. They are extremely expensive (5million and up) and I can't beleive how many that have those. I have one on Felicity and one on Direttore. To be honest I haven't personally paid much for them. I had the benefit of having really really good friends with very thick wallets who helped me pay for them.

One sad thing about vehicles is that they are nodrop items. In my mind a very stupid rule. Selling vehicles as commodities is in any normal world a very common thing. Just imagine if you couldn't buy a used car in real life... Or better yet, if you couldn't sell your car when you get tired of it.. You'd have to destroy it to get rid of it. Stupid.
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Hejiro » Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:24 pm

Hehe, yes, it is rather dumb that they are nodrop. I suspect they've done that to try to "limit" how many there are out there, but really.. get into a guild with some high-levelers and they'll be sure to put up the money.

Reminds me of a "official" screenshot on AO's site of an engie's robot fighting some tough monsters, which is cool and all, but what was bloody amazing was his bank balance: 994,506,046 !!! Those weren't the exact numbers, but it was very close to that.

I reckon the max. cred limit is 999,999,999 which he reached, and then bought something ;) Mind boggles.
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:25 am

Yes, perhaps he was using that money exploit they found last week. Alot of people will get banned for it.
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Hejiro » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:21 pm

I read about that exploit. Sounds like a lot of people used it which is gonna suck for them when they get banned.

But, no, I don't believe the engie in the pic was using that bug, because the image is a few months old now (unless it was some other bug, but you'd think AO would've picked up on it when the screenshot was submitted!).

Hmm, I just had a look for it, but it's not in the archives any longer.
Hejiro

Postby Felicity » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:28 am

I guess they had a reason to remove it :)
Yes the max amount of credit is 1 credit short of 1 billion.

I hate cheaters.
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Cogs » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:02 am

Cheaters are unfortunately ruining the experience for many AO players. I know that I once received "fake" money as Mamasboy2 a long time ago, and Im not too proud of it. The credits were given to me by a player whose name I shall withold :)
Im really happy they are acting on this one, but I feel that perhaps it is too harsh of a punishment to ban these players. FC should have been aware of this a long time ago, and should be conducting stringent testing on all possible "natural" bug-exploit possibilities. I regard credits as an area they should have been aware that people would try to exploit, and kept "credits" an area into which they thouroughly tested and cross-tested possible exploitable bugs.
As it stands now, I fear we will loose some of the well-known leaders from the game. Fair or unfair, but in my opinion we need some of those to keep the story interesting, as many of the leaders are driving forces, helping to upkeep and interact with the story.

Cogs
Cogs

Postby Felicity » Tue Aug 06, 2002 5:33 am

Yes, you may be right Cogs, but on the other hand if they are too slack on these matters, the next exploit found will be used by far more people. I agree that they should have had more control over the testing of this as it is a vital part of the game economy. But at the same time, the players involved should certainly have brought this to Funcoms attention instead of exploiting it.
For those that seriously exploited this bug the punishment should be banning or that they are stripped of Money, xp, equipment or all of the above. To disband whole organisations may be a bit harsh if the members was unknowing of this bug, or the use of the exploit. It would be like punishing the kids because their parents are criminals.

To add to this I can say that when I was in yesterday, the leaders channel was quiet in a very spooky way. Redrum, Patk9 and a few others were there. Hopefully a few of the more well known and story involved leaders haven't used this exploit.
Felicity, Doctor
Direttore, Bureaucrat
Felicity

Postby Cogs » Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:41 am

I hope you are right, and I do agree the leaders involved should have been responsible enough to inform FC asap. Nevertheless, I still think FC needs to seriously think through the punishment and the ensuing consequences.

Cogs
Cogs

Next

Return to Roleplaying and the arts