Reawakening

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Reawakening

Postby Volais » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:21 pm

Part 1: Remembrance

John dropped his rucksack against a small pile of crates and sat down, leaning against the small wall. It was the first break in the fighting he'd had in months. He sighed and looked over the side of the wall to see a column of tanks rolling into the resupply depot that had been set up in an empty sector of the bases courtyard.

HE reached into his sack and pulled out his old Gridlink. "Its been awhile." he said to himself. He flipped the top up only to see the same "Link broken" line he'd seen since he left Rubi-ka for his destination on the planet Auraxis...when it was still a planet and not a galactic star system. Of course, that was a long time ago, back when he had a clan, when he had friends. "EH, they prolly forgot all about me by now," he said to himself. He opened up his archived Grid Mail and started flipping through his favorites, his welcome letter, several letters to friends, and, his termination letter. "Its my fault, I shouldn't have been so hostile. *Sigh* Meh, I doubt that they would recognise me if they saw me, Its a lost cause." He started to wonder about how his friends were doing: Cogs, Flameforge, Bluelotuss, Cilamene, Jpegg....his list went one.

Looking off into the distance, John saw a small reflection of light. He loaded his Blot Driver and propped it up on some crates. HE rubbed his eyes and peered through the scope to see a small enemy soldier scouting the area. John took his aim at his prey and, for but a moment, saw in its place a soldier dressed in Omni-Tek Special Ops armor. He knocked the image from his mind and squeezed a shot off into the scouts forehead, dropping him to the ground. John lifted his Bolt Driver and picked up his rucksack, he needed to warn the CO at the base, their break in the fighting was about to end.

((If you wanna know what some of the non AO jargon is, go to http://www.planetside.com))
Volais

Postby Volais » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:53 pm

Part 2: Dust and Ashes

The world seemed to swirl around John, twisting, moving....bending. Before he could gather himself, the world suddenly cracked and faded into blackness. A small line of light appeared in the darkness and slowly opened. John stepped through and found himself standing in the middle of a baren wasteland. He turned around, where the door had once been, to see nothing. Miles of wasteland. Every direction he looked he saw nothing.

John stood, confused as to his location. First he was walking around the frozen lands of Esamir, the next he's in a desert with nothing around him from miles. The wind started to kick up, and before he could find shelter, his vision was blurred from the sandstorm. Harder, and harder it blew. Twisting, twirling, scraping, scratching, and as soon as it had come, the storm settled.

John now stood on a cliff, overlooking a bombed out, burning ruins of a once mighty city. A tall building stood broken in half within the walls. Fires raged from the roof tops, steam came from a small moat, and the defence terrets were broken and lying upon the ground. Suddenly it dawned upon John. The city he was looking upon. The ruins that were covered in a blanket of smoke and flame...the city was Tir. Suddenly, John heard a small chant....he coulnt understand it...but it became louder..and louder..until the chant was clear. It was a chant that he had not heard since that fateful day at the Omni-1 apatment complex.......

Ashes to Ashes......Dust to Dust.....ASHES TO ASHES.......DUST TO DUST

The chant kept getting louder, and louder still. John fell to his knees, grabbed his ears...the world..the chat...they were in sync together...the world cracked....the images of Tir burned into ashes...the ashes to dust....the world spun and everything seemed to slip into nothing ness....

John awoke with a shout. He looked at his hands, his legs. He stood up and removed his knife.....nothing. He was safe, alone in the bunk room. He turned at sat back down onto his bunk.

A dream.....was that all it was?

John sat staring down at the floor. Everything had seemed so real, how could it have been a dream?

He layed down, and as sleep overcame him, the words he had heard began to fade again......

Ashes to Ashes....Dust to Dust....Ashes to Ashes....Dust to Dust.....
Volais

Return to Roleplaying and the arts