Event in tir

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Postby Blade » Mon Nov 12, 2001 3:28 pm

Ok, I got there a little late.. mostly cos I was bounching into walls trying to reach the area... too many people there..

But here is what I saw.. (with out most of the BS)

00:00: Beotiger shouts: What was the location of this outpost?
00:00: Trothyr shouts: Please save questions until later.
00:00: Gelsa shouts: The technology is quite sophisticated, thus negating the possibility of bandits or some sort of gang. We have also ruled out direct Omni involvement due to current circumstances, as well as other indicators at the scene. We cannot link the attacks to a similar goal or person as of yet.
00:00: Changwongdi shouts: whats going on?
00:02: Gelsa shouts: It was not similar to any previous environment that was investigated and documented. The destruction method was very crude, but had a certain markings that could not be identified immediatly. Because of that, we are issuing a general travel warning to all Clan citizens effective immediately.
00:03: Gelsa shouts: It was also requested that you report any strange groups or suspicious activity to your local guard or military official. Attempt to investigate at your own risk, we cannot be held responsible for any harm caused to yourself or your comrades.
00:03: Gelsa shouts: I will now open the floor to some questions, please be patient and speak one at a time.
00:04: Santacharm shouts: what was the location?
00:04: Gelsa shouts: Yes Julesy
00:04: Julesy shouts: where is the strange design? ....why are there omni tek guards at your side
00:05: Brogs shouts: where is this place?
00:05: Julesy shouts: nm the omni guards question it appears to be a visual bug
00:05: Gelsa shouts: The design I spoke of were the laser scarrings on the sides of buildings and destroyed vehicles.
00:05: Gelsa shouts: It does not conform to any battle damage seen thus far.
00:06: Acidmaa shouts: Gelsa, you mentioned that you suspected attacks and for us take warning, but what are we to be wary of? Can you provide us with some more details about the attackers?
00:06: Gelsa shouts: Pocotheloco, as I said, Clan citizens are advised to be on the lookout for anything suspicious, and to report it to your local Clan Redguard immediatly.
00:07: Atilius shouts: What do you mean by suspiciouis? Are you inferring that Omni may be breaking their Amnesty?
00:07: Gelsa shouts: Brogs, we are keeping the location classified at this time, until our investigation is finished. At that time, we will disclose full details.
00:08: Gelsa shouts: Next?
00:08: Acidmaa shouts: Gelsa, you mentioned that you suspected attacks and for us take warning, but what are we to be wary of? Can you provide us with some more details about the attackers?
00:08: Brogs shouts: How can I avoid the place if I don't know where it is?
00:08: Lorekeep shouts: Any other evidence that may be useful? Does it appear that the destruction may have been caused by robotics of some kind?
00:08: Fatsu shouts: so there is a place, somewhere, that we dont know , that may or may not contain something, and we may or may not visit there...... yep yep, thats a good day out, WHOS WITH ME!
00:08: Vioxxx shouts: do you have any knowledge of whether omni is worried about this?
00:08: Atilius shouts: what do you mean by suspecious? Do you suspect Omni of foul play regarding their Amnesty Gelsa? What are you suggesting~!? Please be more specific!
00:08: Gelsa shouts: There were no heavy marks, or mass destruction weapons, so it is most likely a small band of humanoid size or smaller beings.
00:08: Orbit007 shouts: I have repports about Omni guards killing ppl in Newland desert...Is that related
00:09: Gelsa shouts: Beotiger You might save your life or someone elses
00:09: Lorekeep shouts: With the Manteze War so close to being over, do you think they are starting an offensive against us before they are obligated not to?
00:10: Gelsa shouts: Lorekeep, at this time, we do not believe that is the case. There were no signs on the bodies we found that would match Manteze claw marks.
00:10: Culann shouts: Gelsa, was there anything taken from the outpost of notable interest? Data? Resources of any type?
00:10: Gelsa shouts: A few people were missing from the site. Neither found dead at the location or anywhere around it.
00:11: Mote shouts: Gelsa, if were were to form hunting parties and scour every inch of Tir County, would we be able to investigate this ourselves?
00:11: Vioxxx shouts: GELSA are you in contact at all with omni and if so do they seem concerned about this at all?
00:11: Eronraptor shouts: Gelsa, There were no dead assilants at the site?
00:11: Mesdoram shouts: Are there any signs of omni ?? Is there maybe another side to this?
00:11: Gelsa shouts: I will take three more questions.
00:11: Vioxxx shouts: GELSA are you in contact at all with omni and if so do they seem concerned about this at all?
00:12: Mote shouts: Gelsa, if were were to form hunting parties and scour every inch of Tir County, would we be able to investigate this ourselves?
00:12: Gelsa shouts: I have spoken with Omni, reps, yes, and they are considering what actions they will take.
00:12: Hamerstein shouts: Gelsa, assuming it isnt OT activitiy - as you have implied, has any of the council approached OT too see if they have had any similar sitings or occurances that may correlate with our own ?
00:12: Lorekeep shouts: Gelsa, do you think the Digital Soul may be responsible?
00:13: Mote shouts: Gelsa, if were were to form hunting parties and scour every inch of Tir County, would we be able to investigate this ourselves?
00:13: Gelsa shouts: We believe that Omni will be holding a meeting with concerned employees at a later time. These attacks are not limited to Clan territory I might add.
00:14: Gelsa shouts: Mote, you are welcome to search yes, we wish you luck.
00:15: Gelsa shouts: As I said, I cannot disclose any information relating to the outposts location.
00:15: Culann shouts: Gelsa, were there tracks from these humanoids leading from a specific directoin?
00:16: Mesdoram shouts: I have heard rumors that The Command Juggernaut have been sighted at 20k.... Can this be the reason for something?
00:16: Tbius shouts: withholding this information shows a lack of trust and respect for your fellow clansmen
00:16: Mote shouts: An outpost would be a difficult object to hide... they don't get lost easily, in my experience. Why can you not tell of this mystery outpost?
00:16: Lorekeep shouts: With Omni-tek ears present, it is only best.
00:17: Gelsa shouts: I appreciate you all attending this evening. Take care, and watch your backs out there.
00:17: Tbius shouts: then what is the point of even mentioning such an outpost, you have only enraged us with your lack of deatil, thank you and good night
00:18: Mote shouts: Ok, everyone. Form into teams and report any sightings of invisible outposts. This is of paramount importance!
Blade
Cerberus Mascot

Postby Mamasboy » Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:09 pm

Ok guys and dolls, here is a link to the full log of the announcement. What is all the creeps could just shut up, this log would have taken half a page!!

http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread? ... 1005607534
Mamasboy2
Mamasboy

Return to Roleplaying and the arts