Awakening

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Awakening

Postby Cogs » Sun May 14, 2006 8:10 am

His brain exploded....and his body was consumed by a thousand fires....
A brain not yet conscious, nevertheless it registered this...sensations of utter devastation.
In fact, the process was not that...not devastation, but genesis....awakening....reactivation...coming to life!
The cryo-stasis chamber had reactivated at the calculated time, initiating the sequence that would bring Cogs out of

his long hibernation.
The bunker in which this took place, situated deep in the Wailing Wastes desert, was dark and damp...having seen

years of inactivity...the only sign of intelligence being the soft hum of the notum based power source that fueled

the cryo-stasis chamber; and ultimately the lifeless body contained within.
Cogs had left Rubi-Ka for this hibernating existance years and years ago..in a state of disillusion and internal

disarray. Desperate for peace of mind..it had seemed the only logical solution...to disappear.

It took a long time to wake up...to become conscious...aware of what had actually just transpired.
It took longer, much longer, for the nausea and extreme headache to abandon him.

He felt wasted, utterly and thouroughly, but his mind gave him no peace. He was being bombarded with memories..the

air seemed to reverberate with fragments of conversations...voices..it gave him no peace, no quarter. It was not to

be like this, then again; he had no prior experience, so perhaps it was normal...his brain had been idle for so

long, that perhaps it was only to be expected. An attempt to restock, and understand.

Cogs gave in, and collapsed naked on the carpeted, milldew covered floor...into a state of deep sleep.

Several days later, his restitution was complete, as was his time in the bunker.
He exited the bunker into a beautiful Rubi-Kan day, the twins shining down on a peaceful, serene desert.
Uploading his old maps, he set course for the whompah complex, hoping it would still be there...
Fear crept upon him..he had left so much behind...could relationships be rekindled....would she talk to
him...questions and fears he needed to confront for the answers that they might bear.

Time held all the answers...
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby trgeorge » Sun May 14, 2006 9:34 am

Time always holds all the answers. Wait long enough and you'll be able to observe last sun in the unverse give off a bright flash of light and then....peace, quiet, cold and emptiness.

But time is a tricky substance. We only percieve pesent, ever so sliping away. We spend days doing mundane, repetative, well, yes, everyday tasks. And yet, with every breath, with every step we make an imprint. We stare into the emptiness of abyss and with every action shout louder than anyone can hear: "I'M ALIVE! COME AND GET ME IG YOU DARE!"
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

Postby Doctain » Mon May 15, 2006 5:08 am

"one more for the road keep"I asked in a slurred voice but no answer came my way i look up to see the bar keep looking at me 2 mins pass and i can't focus on his face a voice sounds "you've had enough for 3 nights doc time to walk home" i feel anger surging though me "NO... give me a drink NOW" I shout, my face felt numb and i open my eye's i'm on the floor not sure where the hell i am i here a voice in the distance laughing "bloody drunks allways think they can handle more... now i goto clean my hands" i feel a trickle blood running out of my mouth "basters"
my eye's darken i feel the warmth flowing though me and i curl into a ball and rest i here a crackle on the guild airwave, i here the name Cogs, it can;t be him i'm to drunk the craking intensifys.. Cogs Cogs Cogs Hiya Cogs. i fall to sleep and dream,

waking up half my face is numb and larger than the day before and the other side is red with sun burn, i try to rememeber what had happen'd there was the Cup then baboons "haha yea that omni fool" i laugh then the yalm flight to reets, i looked at my yalm and saw the dent in the nose,"thats gona cost some to repair"suddenly a cold feeling runs down my back "it was a dream?" i ask my self, "is cogs out of cryo?" dam that beer was hard hitting in reets, was he really there i sit up and hit the guild channel that is still loaded on my com link, "was i dreaming or was cogs on last night?" i ask but no answer came back.

My head starts to hurt remebering Cogs the leader of a rag tag group forming us into an assault team each having a role to play taking down some of the toughest bad ass mobs known on rubika "the good old days"
"but was it him or just to much beer" i feel wet on my legs "damit i peed my pants in my sleep"after a quick wash in the stream,"it must have been a dream"
Don't drink and drive smoke pot an fly!
Doctain

Postby Cogs » Sun May 28, 2006 6:53 am

Just impossible...
Cogs had wandered the streets of Old Athen...visited his old tree in West Athen, where it all had begun for him so many years before...
But it was not to be...his spirit was not there...this old world had no hold on him anymore.
Boarding his Yalmaha, he plotted the old familiar course into the Wailing Wastes...took one last look at West Athen, before sighing heavily, he pushed the autopilot button...

It was over...
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Kid » Mon May 29, 2006 5:04 am

Cogs wrote:Just impossible...
Cogs had wandered the streets of Old Athen...visited his old tree in West Athen, where it all had begun for him so many years before...
But it was not to be...his spirit was not there...this old world had no hold on him anymore.
Boarding his Yalmaha, he plotted the old familiar course into the Wailing Wastes...took one last look at West Athen, before sighing heavily, he pushed the autopilot button...

It was over...

That sounds ominous.
-The Doc that runs away lives to die another day.
-I am not prejudiced againts Omni's. I hate everyone equally.
-My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Legrandchef » Tue May 30, 2006 2:52 pm

You autopilot yourself back to guild HQ or I shall kick your ass (j/k). You think the North Sea will protect you, hah!, think again. I am coming....

Chef
If you were at Druss' funeral, and did not weep, there is something wrong with you.
Legrandchef

Return to Roleplaying and the arts