A small introduction

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

A small introduction

Postby Hyperion » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:12 am

Dear brothers and sisters in Muir

Time ago I fought hard with my clan brothers to rid our once beautiful planet of the menace from the evil Hegemony known as Omni-Tek. Unfortunately I was forced to leave the struggle for a long time, and in the meantime our clan slowly dissolved.
Today I spoke with a valiant worrier associated with your clan - his name was Flameforge - and he suggested that I take a look at your organization.
From what I gather from tapping your communication lines, you seem like a band of noble people, and if it is the will of the Muir, I would like to meet with some of you.
I do not desire anything but aid in the struggle against the heathen Omni-Teks, and I wish to offer my own skills in that battle.
Some day nature will again flourish where now concrete houses scar the earth. Some day the teachings of the Muir will again be heard from Avalon to Rome. Some day we will achieve our goal.

Templars of Muir:

Ket Rosteen
Sek Hardeen
Het Masteen

---

[OOC]
Greetings, all.
RL forced me away from AO half a year ago, but now I've again been able to find a little time to play again. At that time I was Advisor (and President in the last days) of the Order of the Crimson Cross. Sadly, the guild was already dying when I took over, and now it has moved on to NWN and M59.
I have a lvl 102 MP, a lvl 40 Crat, and a very young lvl 15 Doc.
What I'm looking for a is a bunch of reasonably mature, friendly people to play with. Preferably ROLE play with.
Like everyone else, I like to level, I like to make money, and I like to tune my char. But most of all I want to PLAY the game. I'm not looking for power, über-teams, or a place to leech money/equipment.
I'm looking for friends.

My biggest handicap is my limited time to play. I'm definitely going to be placed in the "casual player" category. Hm, that, and I talk too much :/.

What I have to offer is my help, be it in battle or with nano programming, a bit of advice for newbies, and a faithful team mate.
All I wish in return is good company.

If this seems reasonable to you, I can be contacted as

Ketrosteen
Sekhardeen
or
Hetmasteen

I'll try to reach Flameforge myself - hope to see you on Rubi-Ka.

PS: My chars are named after and build around the mysterious Muir Templar Brotherhood found in the fabulous "Hyperion" cantos by American author Dan Simmons.
Hyperion

Forgot to add...

Postby Hyperion » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:14 am

I forgot to add...

Should anyone, against all sense, be remotely interested in it, I wrote a Constitution and a set of Ceremonies for the Crimson Cross before I became president.

They can be found at

http://webpages.charter.net/OCC/constitution.html

and

http://webpages.charter.net/OCC/ceremonies.html
Hyperion

Postby Flameforge » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:44 pm

Flameforge politely interrupts his tutor and sheathes his dai-katana.

Excuse me for a moment, Sun Tzu.

Flameforge addresses the new-comer.

Well met, Ket Rosteen. It is certainly good to see you again.

While I am sorry to hear of the break-up of your former clan, I now offer a hand of friendship and welcome to you. The Rubi-Ka Freedom Fighters are once again growing in strength and numbers. I do not doubt you would make a fine contribution in the battle against of the oppression of the Corporation.

Once Sun Tzu releases me from today's lessons, how about we get together and have a chat?

Flameforge bows and quickly returns to his practice, ignoring the impatient foot-tapping of his tutor.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby BigSwede » Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:02 pm

Very nice. f you have the time, please pass by West Athen and look for me. I'd like to meet you, a friend of Flameforge is a friend of mine.
BigSwede

Postby Cogs » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:38 pm

Ketrosteen & company!
You seem a man seeking the same goals as we have all been seeking within our guild for the last year and a half! There is nothing finer than the comradery common interest and goals offer...at least not in my opinion.
I would as well love to meet with you, perhaps we could share a cup of coffee, or stronger if you prefer, in the splendid surroundings of West Athens. Im sure we could gather at the picnic table for example, for a chat.
Life on Rubi-Ka has never been one of glamour and peace.....every day is a struggle, and I fear we have not seen the worst yet....more will surely come. Hence we seek to build our group with dedicated freedom lovers, ready to stand up for what is right for the human settlement on Rubi-Ka.
We of the RKFF are not blood thirsty renegades out to kill all affiliated with Omni-Tek....rather we fight the ideals they stand for. This of course means we participate in bloodshed from time to time, althouhg that is not our goal as such.
I beleive, and so do most of us I think, that there is a good clanner in every Omni, we just need to make them see the light......no easy task, but we will succeed, given time.

Hope to talk to you soon,

Cogs
Cogs

Thank you!

Postby Hyperion » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:26 am

We're most honored by the warm welcome. Many thanks.
We hope to meet some of you in-game very soon.

May Muir shed light on your path

The Templars
Hyperion

Return to Roleplaying and the arts