What would I do without my friends?

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

What would I do without my friends?

Postby BigSwede » Mon May 19, 2003 6:44 am

OOC: tried to post this message before but the system kicked me out when I tried to post it due to inactivity :/ Had to rewrite the whole thing and here it is?.
-
There I was, standing in the store checking the shelves for items to use in my upcoming reform from wielding halfbuilt buildings to more sophisticated weaponry. Scratching my head trying to get the numbers together in a way an atrox like me would understand the result. Without success I might add. A fellow guildie and close friend, Clanstar asked me over the comm what I was up to.
-Trying to get stuff for my piercing imps, I said.
-Oh? Need anything special, he said
-Yeah, got any empty imps at 160?
I should never have asked that question. It changed reconnaissance tour through the store to something you might call ?The Grand Tour of Implants?.
Let me start from the real beginning.

I have been using beams since the early days. Back then beams were the weapon for enforcers and I figured that it suited me very well. Just the looks of a guy that carries part of a building is intimidating. Along the way I have got bigger and bigger beams to fight with and have now been using the biggest and heaviest beam there is for quite a while. Not that I didn?t like it, no no. I just have the urge to better myself and learn. Now that isn?t very easy, being atrox and all. I mean people don?t really ask an atrox to solve their mathproblems if you get my meaning.
Anyway, a youngster named Flameforge had raced pass me in knowledge, they usually do, the youngsters. Allways on the run for new stuff hehe. Well, we had a chat one day and I told him about my plans to better myself and learn about new weaponry. I was thinking of trying the Queen Blade as I had heard it was a very good weapon indeed.
-It?s a good weapon, he said, but quite slow.
-Slow? I?m used to being slow, I said, try swinging half a house yourself and you?ll see the speed isn?t overwhelming :)
-You should try the Improved Tango Dirks, he said. Speed AND power!
I pondered over that thought a while and when done I asked him where I could find such dirks. He was kind enough to provide me with a pair.

So, here I was in the store to check what I needed in order to equip those dirks. After that question I asked Clanstar it didn?t take long until I was completely stripped from clothes, implants, weapons and various items. Reforming an old man like me isn?t easy. I started to dispair, trying to get the numbers right. Suddenly there were implants and clusters all over along with people buffing me from almost all sides. Cogs came along and helped out aswell and by that time I lost control over the whole thing. There were treatment items and implants, strange weaponry with special abilities. It all seemed like magic to me as people popped in from seemingly nowhere, slapped me a buff then disappeared. Cogs and Clanstar juggled implants like circusperformers. I got more and more dizzy, and I kind of lost the track of what I was doing, not to mention what the others were doing. With buffs and implants flying like this I couldn?t get the numbers right and I started to regret what I had started. What had I done, I asked myself. From where I was standing at that point I had destroyed my life as an enforcer! I couldn?t even equip a toothpick!
That was when Clanstar and Cogs really showed me what quality and excellence means. Man, these guys were like a whirlwind summoning stuff and people. I must admit that I stopped thinking what I was doing then and just let them do their stuff.

When the dust these magicians had stirred up settled again I stood there, fully implanted with top of the line implants, armor back on (I never thought that would be feasible), tank on and ready to equip the weapons. That?s where I stand today. I only need to get the weapon in my hand and then I can start working again.

I can?t even begin to think what I owe you guys for doing all this. Had you not been there, this enforcer would have been out of business today. And I?m not only talking about credits here. I owe you so much more than that. You had the strength and stubbornness to continue this to the end even though it took all damn night!
Cogs, Clanstar, Lenio, Micia and a lot more people that helped out.

You guys have my deepest respect, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

BigSwede
BigSwede

Postby Renegader » Mon May 19, 2003 4:51 pm

So you abandon the beam huh ?
I thought we were the beam brothers :)
Too bad i never got to change weapon.

Nice story big, give me more to read :wink:
- Retired
Renegader

Postby Cogs » Mon May 19, 2003 6:36 pm

Yes, that was a great story..man, you really have a talent when it comes to telling a tale :D
Anyway, it was fun, m8...I just cant imagine what your day at work was like today...we ended at about 4:30 am? I think we agreed that we are totally mad...but, so what :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Wirecutter » Mon May 19, 2003 11:09 pm

:D I really must say I like to read up on stories and that people are satisfied and happy when the get help and when they actually are helping. keep up the good work guys.

And Renegader u know u miss us so u should just pop in a report back for duty. :)
Wirecutter

Postby BigSwede » Tue May 20, 2003 12:13 am

Thanks guys. I felt I really had to tell the story.
I must say I'm very pleased with the result, allthough I'm not yet able to dual wield the dirks. I still lack a few points to multimelee to do it, and I'm capped on it :/

I did a small test with buffs to the base abils yesterday but I think it wont be enough. I cant get the last multimelee implant in at 200 as it collides with the bright treatment (eye). I use a q151 eye now and the 200 eye gives around 12-13 more. Maybe with it on, and some agility buffs/imps I would reach it. There arent many items that add to multi melee, there are gloves that Tara drops very rarely and there are those figurines but those require alot in multi ranged to wear (stupid!). There is a special ring on a boss in the subway that gives 10 to mm. With any luck someone maybe has it and can borrow me it (not nodrop).
On the other hand I have 6 levels to 150 and I'm not that gimped. Actually with just one dirk I keep aggro more now than before with the beam. The beam had higher crits than the dirk, but the dirk is so much faster! I hand out more damage over time with it.
BigSwede

Postby Flameforge » Sat May 24, 2003 11:04 am

I can't comment about beams as I've never used one, but I certainly agree that using dirks after a "slow" weapon like katana or beam (or QB) is an absolute joy.

And just being able to go full-def when the heat is on and still being able to hit well! :D
Flameforge
Website monkey

Return to Roleplaying and the arts