This is my story...

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

This is my story...

Postby Volais » Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:41 pm

As the new guy, I thought I would share with you my story...

My name is John Lockhart.I was born in the Neutral town of Hope. Both my parents worked the towns only general store, money was tight because few people had reason to travel through Hope. In order to support us, my father took on a part time job as a gaurd.

There were few families in Hope, so we knew everyone rather well. I myself befriended a boy about my age named Eric Conner,who grew to be my best friend. We met when we were 3, when his mother came to visit mine. I dont remember much, but I do know that ended up getting stuck inside a container and Eric stepped on some switch to open it. Yes, he was a rather smart child. After that (For some reason) we were always together, getting into trouble whenever possible. At the age of 10, my father, now a full time Commander of the Hope Gaurd, taught us how to shoot. He said that if anything were to happen, that he wanted us to be able to defend ourselves. It was at that age also that we began to learn to control nanobots. Eric showed an odd affinity to nanobots and by the age of 12, had already mastered damage shields. When we were 15 we joined the Hope gaurd. On many occasions we proved to have about as much skill as a normal gaurd, so, one year later, were officially named Captins of the Hope Militia. We decided to give ourselves nicknames. So, I became John "Volais" Lockhart....and Eric...became Eric "Xyther" Conner.

When I turned 19, I recieved a letter from Omni-Pol requesting that I join their ranks, and i was offered full Omni-Pol armor to join. I had never been a fan of Omni, but, work was work. Xyther understood, but he himself had decided to head to Tir and sign up with the clans. That was 5 years ago.

I had recently been promoted to Sergeant when I had decided that Omni, really wasnt the place for me. I resigned and headed home to Hope...And found something that changed my life.

I had fianlly arrived in Hope, when I noticed a large crowd of people surounding my home...my family had been murdered. I found out that a few weeks earlier Xythers parents were also killed. There was no doubt that this was Omni's work. My claim was proven a few days later when some Soldiers from Omni-AF appeared at my door and attempted to arrest me for treason. Sufice to say...I killed three and wounded one. I escaped the the Hope gates to find a whole unit of Omni-AF soldiers waiting for me. As I thought that I had been caught, a beam of energy streaked over head and made contact with one of the transport ships, killing about 6 Soldiers in the process. I wheeled around and saw Xyther standing with his arm outstretched. He looked at me and grabbed me by the arm and quickly got me out of Hope. As it turns out, Xyther had killed a number of Omni-Pol guards and so they killed his parents. He heard from one of the guards that they were going after the the parents of a traitor named Volais. He came back to hope knowing hed find me there.

So there we were, out in the desert, running from Omni-Tek. Xyther told me that while we were apart he joined the rebel clan called the "Rubi-ka Freedom Fighters". He told be about its leader Cogs, and how he got into the organization because of a fight with a barkeeper. He told me about Cilamene, Flameforge, Bigswede, and everyone else. He also told me that they were looking for people like myself. So off we went to Tir in order to try and get into the clans. Passing through the Varmint Woods, however, I was suddenly frozen by an unknown source....i couldnt move. After what seemed like forever, I was able to move...but when I turned around...Xyther was gone...missing. All I found was a discarded cluser for an implant nearby when had the letter "Jobe" writtin on it.

So there you have it...my story, I made it to Tir, became a Clanner, then made my way to West Athens in attempt to find these "Rubi ka freedom fighters" Xyther spoke of. When i got there, I told Cogs what had happened. He agreed that we must go after him, and pleged to give me support in finding him. Our only clue was the empty Jobe Cluster...which leads me to believe that hes in Jobe...and with these talks of Jobes strange experiments and the strange disappearences of other people armound Rubi-Ka...I believe that hes there...and I have a feeling that the opening of Jobes gates and this new "great discovery" they will be showing off has something to do with it...
Last edited by Volais on Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Volais

Postby BigSwede » Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:36 am

Ah yes I remember that. Have you ever heard from Xyther since?
BigSwede

Postby Volais » Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:51 pm

yes I have, but only in muffled transmissions. They seem to be....a guide of sorts...telling me what to do...where to go...
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:38 pm

Wow, that's quite disturbing.

I've no doubt we will get Xyther back one day, Volais.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Return to Roleplaying and the arts