I would like to propose the following idea to you all.

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

I would like to propose the following idea to you all.

Postby Volais » Fri Jul 04, 2003 5:11 pm

I have an idea that could bring us great amounts of attention. I believe that we should begin research of a genetic alteration service. This service, for a fee, would change such aspects, such as your face type, your height, and your weight. I think that this could rapidly become a popular service and would generate some attention to our organization. Perhaps a meeting is in order to smooth out the details. If anyone likes the proposed idea, please, I would like feedback. Perhaps COgs would like to set up a meeting to discuss it.

((Yes, this IS an attempt to get something named after us. CAS has their armor...and RUR is making Neutral Token Boards...we need somethin! I dont know HOW all those items were named after different orgs...but oh well..Ill give it a try))
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:14 pm

It seems some nano-technician beat us to it:
Face Graft and Advanced Face Graft :o

((I've never seen this used, but looking at AOMainframe, the "OnUse Effect" is "NextHead Self"!))
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:04 am

WTF is the difference between those two?
Volais

Postby Volais » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:07 am

Oh is see...less NP and a faster casting time....big freakin deal.

Wait a sec....this is agent only....we can still make somethin thats open to everyone!
Volais

Postby Talen » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:53 pm

I agree Synergy factor is getting a line of disco type shades to, It's hard to think of what the Rubi-Ka Freedom fighters would add, Would think A type of gun or something, or well something to fight with. Or a new type of service tower that looks like a picket sigh, you know like we want Freedom for miners. Or a pipe bomb, yah something that says Shanty Rebel.
Would have to think about it really and find out how to try to get that done.
But seriously have thougth it would be good, even before I had joined as the guilds name is a good one. I also think about how they assigned the items kind of, CAS Clan Anarchist Syndicate sounds like a militant group they got Armour. Synergy factor sounds like a outdated pop group from the 70s they got or get ridiculous glasses, ( on data base, check 14.9, on anarchy minaframe, like disco duck glasses etc), Storm got a type of carb, well suits them getting a ugly armour for a base, They are big and have been around a bit to, still don't see why lost chapter doesn't have anything..if size and time around are factors.
I am thinking it may also be determined by activity on test server, and number of players that also are ARKs etc. Have not a clue, why it is. But will do some brain storming on it, and check with a few freinds from guilds which have named items maybe they can tell me how.
Think first thing would have to be to think of how the name of guild should shape the item, well Rubi-ka Freedom Fighters...It's that in a way another way of saying clan. Turn it around to Freedom Fighters in Rubi-ka, well sounds like what may have been used to describe the Clans, in old vide screen news casts for example, headline " Rubi-Ka Freedom Fighters Destroy 5 Omni-Tech Mines Disrupting Notum Trade". So maybe could tie guild in to seeming like it could of been a very old guild storyline wise, didn't really know it was a guild, was named that and kept name while others in the " catagory" went to form other guilds. Does sound kind of shanty, that could make me think maybe a heavy modified piece of mining equipment made into a devastating weapon, like a weapon still made to honor the first freedom fighters in rubi-ka. Something they made out of equipment the had in mines to fight there way out of the mines, and over power the guards etc whatever. Something like that, are alot of options to brain storm, really. But I think it has to be a solid item/concept before we would see how to get it implemented.
All in all as far as it goes, other than the scripting involved in making the item work with the preset animations, calls in scripts, target association as far as C++ is concerned it a small linked text file stating our guild name and a small brief story. And also depends on patch schedules, when there is a patch and whether they can add it, knowing Fun Com after Sd there will be alot of Fixes, and patchs. We get a good solid concept. Shouldn't be to hard to get implemented if we find out how to get it considered.
Talen

Postby Lerae » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:31 pm

I've uploaded the Advanced and regular face graft, the only difference is that with the Advanced face graft, ur body changes color as well as the face.
Lerae

Postby Volais » Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:51 pm

please say you can cast it on other people.

BTW...very nice talen...someone agrees with me!
Yeah...we need somethin named after us. Mybe we should get someone to sticky a topic to come up with ideas. Any suggestions for the topic name?
Volais

Postby Dandelions » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:16 am

Flameforge wrote:It seems some nano-technician beat us to it:
Face Graft and Advanced Face Graft :o

((I've never seen this used, but looking at AOMainframe, the "OnUse Effect" is "NextHead Self"!))

I know of at least one who used it. Vixentrox did. She used to look like Bluelotuss and now she looks like Xellina (at least from the face).

Dandelions
"Polka dots? Joo tell me joo dun like dem Polka dots on my shorts, huh? Ok, squishy... *SPLAT*"

Dandelions having an argument over his fashion taste with an unnamed man
Dandelions

Postby Jpegg » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:19 am

It's self only I'm afraid and I've actually always wanted to know if there was some significant difference between the advanced one and the usual one.

I've used it once in two years and that was to dye my hair blonde once my armour started to become darker.

SL will see lots more faces for new characters, tattooed opifex faces which look fantastic. Obviously all agents will be able to graft into these, other ppl, well... will have to create new characters :/
Jpegg

Return to Roleplaying and the arts