The Shadow

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The Shadow

Postby Volais » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:09 pm

Grif leaned back in his chair and took a sip from his coffee. He had been stuck with the night shift yet again. It was times like these that he wished that he were back in his old job as the weapons dealer in Borealis. Back then he was respected by hunters from around Rubi-ka, but here he is now, a low payed security gaurd for a Research outpost.

Every day had been the same old day. Wake up, get dressed, report in, get assignments, watch researchers perform some extremely boring experiments. He had traversed the building several times over and had memorized every nook an cranny. The days rolled by slowly and Grif was beginning to regret ever comming here. Besides being one of the few Solitus men here, he was also one of the people that could care less about nano-technology, somthing seen very commonly here. He yearned for action, for combat, but all he got here was the occasional leet wandering out from the Environmentmal research facilities. While the pay was good and stable here unlike at the weapons store, it was still nothin to his Annual gun sale.

Sighing, he decided to go do his rounds. Setting his coffee on a table and grabbing his Desert Reets he headed out into the darkened hallway outside. Most of the Science team had left for the night so it was a lonely, quite patrol. The only sector that was always up and running was Sector 7 Test Labs, so when he reached the entrance to it, he moved on.

Sector 7 was the place where they performed Biological Testing on individuals held in stasis. Because of the danger of their experiments, the Stasis Cells containing their research subjects had to be carefully monitered and high security was placed in order to prevent an escape. A number of their subject were people who signed on to undergo them, however the majority were convicts who were turned over as part of their punishment. Since they operate outside ICC regulations, they were able to do this without being shutdown.

Grif had finished his patrol and had fallen asleep at his console when a small buzzing noice woke him up. Annoyed from being woken up, he looked over his security cameras to find that every camera in Sector 7 had been knocked out. Dispatching a security drone at once to the Stasis Cell containment room, he was shocked to find that one of the stasis cells had been smashed and whoever was in it had escaped! Just then he got a call from a reseacher in Sector 7 reporting that they had a minor breakout, but they would be needing his assistance anyway. Relieved that it wasnt anything serious he grabbed his guns and headed down to Sector 7.

On the way there, he began to worry. No one has ever been able to break open a Stasis Cell like that. Also, that voice on the intercom...he had never heard it before, and the fact that they needed his help with a minor breakout was cause for some concern. "Oh well" he thought to himself, "its not like they could have gotten access to any weapons, right?"
He stopped dead in his tracks, the door to Sector 7 was bent and sparks were flying out. Forcing the doors open he took a step back in shock. The walls were blackened from explosions, fires raged out of controls, lights dangled from the ceiling, and the bodies of the entire research team were strewn across the floor. Quickly running onto the blood soaked floor, he looked around for the alarm. He found it above one of the researchers who had obviously been killed in an attempt to activate it. He reached to open the case surrounding the alarm, but his hand stopped short. He had heard something move. He turned around and saw nothing. Holding his guns tight, he scanned the room looking for the slightest movement, however, behind Grif, hidden by the shadows a dark, shadowy figure loomed, ready to strike...

The Shadow has awoken
Volais

Postby Volais » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:52 pm

sorry if my wrting is a little...bad. The was written pretty fast
Volais

Postby Cogs » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:22 am

/me like :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Flameforge » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:38 am

Cool :)
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Flameforge » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:29 am

Story inspired me tonight...

Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Cogs » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:56 am

Awesome, Flame...love it!! :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby BigSwede » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:33 am

Man, the way you do those...
I truly envy your talent.
BigSwede

Postby Wirecutter » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:35 am

awsome pic m8 and I can just picture the way the shadow will die :lol:

(( I assume u all notice that the Predator are targetting the shadow from somewhere noone can spot him ))
Wirecutter

Postby Sidarion » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:11 am

Wow,

awesome Volais...

awesome Flame...

Lets continue with it!!! Maybe compile it into a illustrated short-story (PDF?)

Sid
Sidarion

Postby Volais » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:05 am

Cool Flame...thats EXACTLY the way I pictured it.

And Sid, youll get more. Traitors, death, destruction, lies....youll get it all...or somethin
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:25 pm

Wirecutter wrote:(( I assume u all notice that the Predator are targetting the shadow from somewhere noone can spot him ))
Haha -- you're right, it does look like the Predator target. It was supposed to be something related to the experiments performed on The Shadow, like hoses plugged to his chest or whatever.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Return to Roleplaying and the arts