The Soldier

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The Soldier

Postby Volais » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:25 pm

Morning was setting in over West Athens. In the distance, the twin suns were painting the sky a beautiful array of colors. A calm breeze blew throughout the town, sending wind chimes into a soothing chorus.

There was little movement in the town. People were waking from their slumber and opening their shutters to let in the fresh sunlight. A young couple was walking their dog when it broke free and began to chase after some young Reets who had come out to warm their feathers and search for their morning breakfast. The normally busy Cup was just opening its doors to get ready for the day?s activities. And on a hill overlooking this serene town, a lone soldier wearing a black cloak fluttering in the breeze and a Div 9 strapped to his back, overlooked through his black Keelarr shades, the town that he had left not so many moons ago.

As the stranger walked into town, he heard from behind him a familiar voice call out his name.
?Volais! Why, when did you get back?? Volais turned around to see a female guard standing behind him.
?Oh, Diane!? Volais replied after finally figuring out who he was talking to, ?I got back just this morning, looks like I?m early enough to miss the morning rush. Good thing, I?m bushed after my trip.?
?You look it.? Replied Diane, ?Say?where?d you go anyway? Some secret assignment for EG??
?No,? said Volais yawning ?just had to tie up a few loose ends.?
?Boy you look like you could fall asleep in a pile o? Leet manure,? said Diane who now leaning against the West Athens wall ?you can tell me the rest of your story later, you go catch a little shut eye, ya hear??
?Yeah,? said Volais, looking exhausted ?see ya later Diane.?
Volais turned around and slowly walked up the hill leading to his second story house.

The door to Volais?s house slid up and he took a quick glance round the room. The Rubi-Ka Freedom Fighters, the Organization to which Volais belonged, used this room for their weekly meetings, and they always ended up making a mess. Looking at the place where the meetings are normally held, Volais gave a sigh at the sight of the trash strewn across the floor.
?I?ll get to it tomorrow.? Said Volais as he walked over to his bed. Throwing his Div 9 into its corner and hanging up his Exarch Robe on the hook, he sat down on his bed, took his shades off, and flipped open the top of his Comm-link and began to read over the information from his journey.

It was several minutes till he was done reading over the notes. Flipping the top down over his Comm-link he laid back in bed and began muttering to himself.
?What have I gotten myself into?? he muttered to himself
?Don?t forget, you have a mission to do. You know what you?ve gotta do!? He though back to himself.
?Yes, but I wonder?Is it worth it??
Volais rolls underneath the covers laying his head on a pillow and falls fast asleep.

The Soldier has arrived
Last edited by Volais on Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Volais

Postby Volais » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:38 pm

Also, Im currently writing up the scond part of both "The Shadow" and "The Soldier". Im also starting a new series called "The Sleeper" which will start off in a few days.

And Flame, heres prayin I "Inspired" you again! :wink:
Volais

Postby Volais » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:35 pm

Jeez...did this story suck THAT bad?
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:01 am

Well... I didn't quite understand what battle had begun, and I didn't particularly like that you would write us as being messy people, but other than that it was quite good.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:08 am

/me laughs at the fact that no one has payed the least bit of attention to him

Youll get it...Considering the story is about a soldier....What other way could it go than a war..there is a war.

P.S.-You guys are messy...The last meeting had me cleaning mud..candy wrappers...and half eatin candy...not to mention you guys like to play catch with your used Clusters
Volais

Postby Cogs » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:26 am

Absolutely, good work young man, but dont you spread any false rumours about us being messy.........on the other hand, whether we are messy or not is not anyones business...we are just as messy as we would like to be, my friend......why? because we can!
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Flameforge » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:26 pm

Volais wrote:/me laughs at the fact that no one has payed the least bit of attention to him

The point of what I said was a note of critique: In the context of this part of the story, "The battle has begun" did not make sense to me. In fact, the character fell fast asleep.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:49 pm

Yes...he did fall asleep. And yes..a battle is comming. I hint at upcomming conflicts throughout the story.

Oh well...my english teacher back in High School couldnt understand anything I wrote her either...Im just a tad different...give me a bit o time...

Volais need food badly
Volais

Postby Volais » Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:21 pm

I changed the end
Volais

Return to Roleplaying and the arts