Contact made

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Contact made

Postby Tussa » Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:54 am

Jenny looked at the holo screen infront of her. It was hard to find the right words. She so dearly wanted to make a good impression. She was slightly blushing, and a smile spread over her lips every other heartbeat. It was just moments since she had returned from Andromeda, the day being among the best she could remember. Shivers of goosebumps still ran down her back and again she smiled.

In the background hovered the meta-physical manifestation with the strong healing powers, whom she lovingly called Paracet. Its soft whispering ring translated as words to her, words of support and encouragement. She didn't feel so insecure when her creations were with her. She started tapping the keypad.

Members and leadership of Rubi-Ka Freedom Fighters,

Hello...my name is Jenae Godfray. I am the leader of the clan organization Assembly. We work mostly from West Athen and Tir, and offer a wide variety of services to the free clans of Rubi-Ka. By presenting myself and Assembly, I hope to start a growing relationship both between our respective organizations and between the members.

The RKFF is of course many times larger than Assembly, but I still feel it's important to stay on the same track, if we are to portray ourselves as strong and united towards the Omni-Tek corporation.

I would also like to congratulate the RKFF on the successful merger with the Rollerrats and Excalibur. United you stand.

Should anyone have any questions, requests or comments, you are of course welcome to do so through our gridfeed, accessed through this hololink.

Sincerely,

Jenae Godfray
President, Assembly

There...the packetmail was sent. Hopefully, it wouldn't be lost in encryption. She smiled and again this tickle ran up and down her spine. The meta-physical creation made asound she thought could be a chuckle, before slowly fading away to its realm. Once it was gone, she felt the missing part of her returning. Tainted from the other realm, yes, but now complete. She longed for him to understand. One day, when she was ready, she might show him.
Tussa

Postby Cogs » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:15 am

As Wheels gently tapped at his bedroom door; gently...well, at least the door stuck to its hinges; Cogs elegantly swung out of bed..feeling strangely fresh and awake. Memories of last nights outing in Andromeda flushed over him, and he felt a warmth spreading inside....he knew he would see her again, and smiled...slight tingle running down his spine.

Entering his living quarters, the smell of freshly brewed coffee rose to meet his nostrils...Wheels might be big and clumsy, but he knew how to prepare a hearty breakfast...

Sitting down, he fired up his holo-comms unit, to skim thru the news of today. The usual battle reports......bah...so tiring...when would it ever end..and then, Cogs jerked to attention.......then..smiling warmly.

A gridmail...from Tu...miss Godfray; Cogs read it through, admiring the business like touch with which miss Godfray presented her message.
A reply..Cogs pondered, and started typing:

Miss Godfray, members of Assembly

It was with great pleasure we received your packet mail today. I can assure you it will be treated with the respect and due process it deserves.
We thank you for acknowledgement in achieving the merger of our 3 proud organizations, and can assure you the new org will continue to work within the boundaries of pride, valor and honesty that we have separatley in the past.
Being an organization of rather large proportions, our logistics may at times be cumbersome, and we would most certainly be interested in setting up stronger relations with your fine org.
Would it be to forthcoming of me to suggest a meeting shortly? I would be most happy to make myself available to you in the nearest future, miss Godfray.

Sincerely,

Anthony McDuff
President, RKFF(pending change)

Satisified, Cogs pressed the transmit button....finished his breakfast with a smile on his face, and got properly dressed.

Locking the door behind him, Cogs strolled out into the Rubi-Ka sun, ready for another fine day....
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Tussa » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:00 am

A light beep. Another one. Jenny woke from the dreamless meditation she so often spent time in. Cleanse the spirit, cleanse the mind. It was important to her. A slight frown at this annoying beep that pulled her out of her rest. Unpleasant way to wake.

'Light, dim 2' she said, and the apartment was filled with a soft light, allowing her to see her surroundings. She got up and stretched a little. Her comlink? No...no new messages. She drowsily crossed the floor to her holo screen and her face lit up in a big smile.

He had answered! He wanted to meet her again! Her heart jumped a few beats and hot waves flushed to her face. She threw herself down in the chair and started typing a response.

"Dearest Mr. McDuff"

'Dearest'...? No...that was too much. She didn't want to sound like a maniac towards his members, and she didn't want to expose everything just yet. It was still so young and fragile. Insecurity boomed at her every now and again, but she remembered his voice, how they had talked...about everything. She erased the line and started over again.

Mr. McDuff,

I would be happy to meet with you in the near future to discuss matters our two organizations might have in common, the clan politics and several other issues. Please contact me either by comlink or by packetmail.

Sincerely,

Jenae Godfray
President, Assembly

It was like being really ill, but instead of her body being limp with pain, she felt limp with joy. Was this normal? It couldn't be bad..not when everything felt so good. She pushed the button to send off the message and stood up get ready for a new day.
Tussa

Postby Flameforge » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:40 pm

Flame sat cross-legged in his favourite position upon the wall in West Athens. He held a tango dirk and carefully, tenderly, glided a sharpening stone along the blade's edge.

The town's people were busying themselves as usual -- people running to and fro, collecting items from reclaim, stopping to chat to friends, humping lamp-posts.

Looking up, Flame spotted Cogs strolling down the hill towards a store, a spring in his step and a rare expression on his face.

Curious. Something's up. Perhaps I'll get Cogs over to The Cup soon and catch 'the goss' over a beer or two.

Flame permitted himself a small smirk and turned back to his work.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Cogs » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:22 am

He stood on the hill that evening, that northern hill overlooking Tir......and he knew he had missed her.....shuttle lifting slowly...almost impossibly slow as he reached the crest of the hill..
A sense of loss....of hunger..even though he knew it would be only a week or so till she was back, it washed him over like a tidal wave...

Eyes moist, he blew her a kiss......and turned away from what was now but a speck of travelling light......
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Tussa » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:10 pm

"Stupid shuttle!!" Jenny was mad...the shuttletraffic was delayed another few hours. It had been a week and she couldn't wait to get of the boring spacestation. She'd been homesick all week...not for Miralen, but for Rubi-Ka.

Frowning, the young meta-physicist sat down in the departure hall again, looking at the buzzing life around her. People running to and from a gate, desperate to get to their work, seminar or transport in time. The seminar she had attended had been incredibly boring, and she hadn't really paid attention. She didn't understand what the old men and women were talking about. Not really. Her meta-physical process was obviously different from theirs, and they spoke in terms far above her head. Lectures like that could be so long and tedious, especially when all she wanted was to be home on Rubi-Ka, to her friends, sleep in her own bed, drink Joka-Poka in The Cup...and see him again...

A gentle female voice, probably pitched to the kind of voice all people found pleasant, informed her and the other Tir/Athen travellers that it would be yet another few hours, that the Borealis shuttle was full and that they obviously could not send them with the Omni-Tek shuttles.

A frown and a deep sigh...she had to wait. Patience was a virtue..yadda yadda... "Stupid spacestation..." she said, knowing full well that nobody cared.
Tussa

Return to Roleplaying and the arts