Erlics'Story

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

Erlics'Story

Postby Erlic » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:35 pm

Well, friends where shall i start with my story? Those who are born free, now under the moons of Rubi Ka will hardly understand when i tell of those days long gone and of friends long buried under the endless dunes of Mort.

Our ancestors payed a big prize to Omni Tec, giving a away their freedom for generations ,just to be able to pay for a place in a spacecraft, to reach a so called ?promised land? .
In those days millions were waiting for a chance to leave the misery of the overcrowded Inner planets of the human Empire, to get a chance to become a free human in a far future.
Well our ancestors were carried by Omnitec into the space surrounding Rubi Ka , i am sure you know about those accidents and vanished landers and more.
But thats ?big? History, you can read about it at the Archive Information discs.
What you will not be able to read is the following.
There was no promised land, there wasnt a paradise waiting for the settlers. At the surface the first settlers met struggle and pain and death ,perma-death untill the scientists invented the scanners!
They worked till they died, killed by poison gas , radiation sandstorms and more.
The Environment at the planets face was deadly for kids and babies, so we ,the second generation, were ?buildup? in breed tanks.
All members of our generation will remember forever the pain and horror and the reality shocks when you awake as adult man or woman. For us there was no laugh and fun while growing up.Our awaking was a reminding of humming machines,of needles and pills , of countless tests and more unsaid horror.
I will not tell about those nightmares, but there is a reason why those who can remember , hate the company forever.
The company gave us insufficient armor and weapons,most shops and trading centers didnt exist in the early days ,and no whompa or grid did shorten your path to death.
We terraformed the known Part of Rubika ,we fight our way to build up a civilization and beside that all, we count ,with closed teeth, the countless crimes of Omni Tec .
Did you youngsters and whompa-travelers ever realized that those rhino your hunting down could be your brother ? And i dont talk about a metaphysical way ,what you think are those Omnitec genlabs for ! What you think those Omni scientist invented in hells kitchen. In bad nights i remember the screamings outside my breedtank
My DNA-givers (you freeborn call them parents) fall,while working for Omnitec terraforming a useless field, in a fight against some escaped genlab-mutants.Me i got them all, those victims of the genlabs ,but thats another story, and OmniTec named ,this now terraformed, place after me.
Years later i fullfilled the contract with OmniTec and become free.
Under the few things my ancestors posessed was a old Info-disc. A old earth story of a man from the pretechno age of Human Mankind The Story of Minamoto Musashi.
This story of a fighter long gone leads me to a special style of live and the Martial Arts found their way to Rubi Ka.
Since my first steps as free man, i roam around the planes as a homeless Nomad, seeking for a balance between mind and soul and body, filled with hate against genlabs techocrap and Omnitec.

I still follow any rumors about a secret organisation called the ecowarriors full of hope to find more people with my dreams of freedom.

Erlic
Raising Darkmoon
Nomad Martial Artist

OOC
i hope there are not much misstypings and misspellings
english and french were my worst stuff at school feel free to copy and paste and correct it
the Darkelf
formaly known as
Erlic
Raising Darkmoon
Nomad Clansman
Martial Artist
Erlic

Postby Cogs » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:21 pm

The story relayed here is one that should bring many of us to thoughts about our real origin, and the life we lead here. Im intrigued by the fact that the roaming rhinomen, those proud and noble beasts can in fact bear most our dna, and in fact be of relation to some breeds. Nanomages are of course a different story.
I fully emphaitze with your choice of course, Erlic......and wish to aid in your search, should I be found worthy and in any way able to assist.

((I love it, m8))
Last edited by Cogs on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby Flameforge » Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:23 pm

((Great story, Erlic. Thanks for visiting and sharing!))
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Bluelotuss » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:12 am

Horrifying, enlightening, intriguing. The gory details of those days from one who experienced it first hand....it's just shocking....it renews my will to fight....it reminds me of our freedom and how valuable it is. Very nice Erlic, I really enjoyed it.
Bluelotuss

Postby Jpegg » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:39 pm

Agreed... light must be shed on all that goes unsaid. True power and the ability to change life itself had been placed in the hands of a monster and wielded without control.

Omni-Tek has a lot to answer for
Jpegg

Return to Roleplaying and the arts