The power of the guild

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The power of the guild

Postby Misjkin » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:06 pm

WEll after reading all theese threads i got inspired to write a little something. Basically its a bit about my feelings for you ppl :) and about the rest of the world. Some names are mentioned but i haven't forgot about the rest of you. You're in my thoughts m8:S
Well this is the first thing i ever written so don't judge me to hard
and enjoy...

He could barely stand the pain. ?Pain? nowadays a word without meaning. This feeling that was always there and never ever left. Had there ever been anything else, something else then this constant pain. He couldn?t remember?ever since that day so long ago when he picked up his guns there had been pain?the time before that was out of reach. He cried out for another drink; he didn?t know which number it was, as usual he was to drunk to remember. At least drinking took the edges of the pain, made it bearable.
His days were always the same, waking up-fighting-earning credits-drinking until every dime was spent. Was there any point in keep fighting this damn war anyhow?what could he possibly do to make a difference?did omni-tek even notice his attempts to fight back. He felt tired soon he would fall asleep.
?Another night sleeping outside? he thought to himself. After loosing his apartment key he had always been sleeping outside, but it didn?t bother him that much. He was an adventurer and he liked the woods and the animals?
He tried to stand up but his legs didn?t want to obey his commands. He stumbled outside and was greeted by a hard rain that was falling outside. He pulled his robe tight around him and started to walk. He was in west Athens, his home or at least the place he called home. He had been living somewhere else before but he couldn?t remember where. All he knew was that OT now controlled the area since they where they ones who drove him and his family away. He headed past the walls and went over to the picnic table in the woods outside. He found shelter from the rain under it?he executed the nanoprogram that would turn him into a saber tooth, he wanted the warmth that the fur provided.

His last thought before falling asleep was Why do I even try when there is no hope, why do I try to defend something that eventually will fall.
The healing darkness of sleep caressed him and he slept without dreams

He felt something poking him in the side?he rolled over and opened his eyes?someone was poking him with a stick?he crawled out of the shadows beneath the table and the bright sun light hit his eyes. His head felt like as if Aztur had been using it for sword practice.
Someone spoke

?morning misjkin old m8 !!

He glanced over at the direction where the voice was coming from there stood Cogs the leader of his guild and his friend. He looked around him and saw that he was surrounded by friendly faces. Most of his loved ones where there Tuss was standing next to Stilhaa with her MA stick waving like a flag pole. Wire and flamforge was trying to help a n00b get on a piece of armor. JP was trying to sneak up on freuty and SuchySuchy who were sitting on a bench nearby. Chivalrry was sharpening his sword getting ready for the next fight. Shortness was runnin to the shop and bigswede was just chillin.
As he looked at these friendly faces surrounding him he noticed the pain slowly fade away. How could something like OT ever destroy anything as strong as this. These ppl around him was the reason to fight, they were the reason to defend this world in which he had been born. With these ppl by his side he felt as though he could end all the misery in rubi-ka. They would not give up they would not give in to the corporate oppressors.

As he looked around him at the trees and the sun and all the beauty surrounding him there was only one thought going trough his mind

-There is hope, there will always be hope

The struggle continues //Misjkin
Misjkin

Postby Flameforge » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:00 pm

Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Jpegg » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:27 am

That was a nice story, thankyou.

I think we'll do great as a guild, I really do :)
Jpegg

Postby Bluelotuss » Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:05 am

:D Misj, WOW~!!
I can't believe you have never written anything. What a nice story, I hope you are inspired again.
Bluelotuss:"Nihili est -- in vita priore ego imperator Romanus fui."
Bluelotuss

Postby Stillhaa » Wed Sep 10, 2003 3:57 am

great story =) enjoyed reading it :D keep it up :lol:
-Stillhaa 216 MA General, ass'whooper shizzle
-Xhero 202 Shade, hiney'spanker shizzle
Stillhaa

Return to Roleplaying and the arts