The Soldier: Prophecy in the Night

In-character discussions, stories, prose and poetry.

The Soldier: Prophecy in the Night

Postby Volais » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:02 pm

[Hey! I gotta vision a while back and forgot to write about it...apparently these things are still goin on everywhere! I remember only a few key words so...enjoy my half-assed semi-rippoff of Cogs story!]

I had been sitting on a dirt path running outside of Tir when it happened. I felt a presence. At first I shrugged it off, I had had more unusual feelings when I lived in Rome. It was probably the electrons givin off by the nearby Notum viens. However...the feeling would not leave. Perhaps I was nervous about the task that was to be givin to me the next day...after all, it isnt everyday that Cogs delays meetings for no reason. I figured I ought to get some sleep, so I found a nearby tree and sat down with my back against the trunk and slowly feel into a deep sleep.

"Awaken, John..."

"Wha, huh?"

I was fast asleep. The second moon was high above in the night sky, and for what I could tell, I was alone

"Awaken young John"

"WHo are you...where are you?"

My eyes, still unable to adjust to the darkness that beset the land, could faintly make out the silhouette of a make dressed in a trench coat. I stood up and stared at the man standing before me, uncertain if what this was, was real, or a dream.

"What do you want with me?"

"Heed my call young warrior. The path that lies ahead is shrouded by the mists of darkness. This world, a land of conflict, shall once again be thrown into fires of war. I see the war comming, I see the thousands dying, destruction."

"Look...Whoever you are, I want none of your "old wise man" talk...what is it that you want."

"Your brash nature...perhaps you are the one."

"Brash nature? What one?"

"Go forth into the Shadows, there your destiny will be revealed."

The shadowed figure turned and walked off into the misty night before I could catch him. I stood...quiet. I knew not if what i had seen was to be believed.

The next I know, Its morning again, and the soft chirp of the Reets, hopping around, drinking the dew from the fallen leaves, filled the air around me. I climbed to my feet and looked off at the rising sun. Something had happened that night...but what.
Then it hit me...

"Eric...."

The calm breeze picked around me, and, for the first time...I felt worried...unknown of what may await me in the future...
Volais

Return to Roleplaying and the arts