Need a traders help!

Ask for new equipment, or dump your old stuff.

Need a traders help!

Postby Kid » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:17 pm

I need 2 of these at QL 40 : http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=159109&ql=40 ( Cheap MTI - Russian Good Day)

Apparantely, they are easily obtainable from trader shops, so if you are a trader and happen to be near a trader shop, can you have a quick look for me?

Thanks
-The Doc that runs away lives to die another day.
-I am not prejudiced againts Omni's. I hate everyone equally.
-My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Legrandchef » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:56 pm

I have a trader. Catch me when I am online.

Chef
If you were at Druss' funeral, and did not weep, there is something wrong with you.
Legrandchef

Postby Selavi » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:01 pm

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to use them for? Other than the obvious. I mean...cool looking, but besides that, they arent all that good to shoot with, and they dont add any bonuses as far as I could tell from AODB.
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Kid » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:08 am

Selavi wrote:Just out of curiosity, what are you going to use them for? Other than the obvious. I mean...cool looking, but besides that, they arent all that good to shoot with, and they dont add any bonuses as far as I could tell from AODB.

Best lowbie weapons for Fixers. And they are duel wieldable.

Did I mention that I have a new lowbie fixer toon?

Oh, and thanks Chef. Appreciate you help.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Selavi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:23 am

lol! A lot must have happen since I was a lowbie fixer then. Cause that weapon was never on my list. Ever tried a chem mauser, Illicit laser backup (also dual wieldable) or the OT kerans? The Gamma Ejector from Foremans is perhaps the best lvl40 ish weapon still I think. Just a bit harder to come by now since the rewamp of the dungeon...
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Kid » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:30 am

Selavi wrote:lol! A lot must have happen since I was a lowbie fixer then. Cause that weapon was never on my list. Ever tried a chem mauser, Illicit laser backup (also dual wieldable) or the OT kerans? The Gamma Ejector from Foremans is perhaps the best lvl40 ish weapon still I think. Just a bit harder to come by now since the rewamp of the dungeon...

hmm. ok. Done a bit of research on this....

The 'Cheap Mausser Chemical Streamer' is nice damage, but no duel wield & slow burst cycle.

The 'Illicit laser backup' needs ip into pistol (ip tight at low level).

The 'Cheap OT Kerans Automatic Grinner'...I like this. Poison damage, decent burst cycle & reasonable damage. Shame it's not duel wield though.

The Gamma Ejector is a dream lowbie weapon....just need another 80 smg. And it has level req of 41 (I'm level 23 or something)

Damage calc says OT Kerens slightly better that the Russian Good day. Think I just found my lowbie weapon until Foremans.....

Thanks Sel for the suggestions.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Jasper2002 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:38 am

Is this a fr00b fixer Kid?, if not then your real only choice is for a Perennium Beamer. Usable from level 25 (at ql 50ish) without too much difficulty.
Jasper2002

Postby Selavi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:36 pm

The Ot Kerans and the perenium carry one big disadvantage, and that is the upgrade. The perenium even so more.

OT kerans can be found in these different kinds of ways:

1. blits for ql. They can be found in any ql up to lvl200.

2. they can be bought in OT shops up until lvl120 (or so)

3. they can be bought in SL gardens up until lvl120 (or so I think)

Perenium. The (I agree with Jasper) the best choice up until you can either equip the SMG or you get hight enough smg skill to fully take advantage of the alien SMG with multiwield function. IF(!!!!) you can afford the upgrade for every 10th or 20th level...else this is a weapon that is gonna bleed you dry of cash if your gonna keep using one. But recomend you buy, twink into and try it at leas once.

1. can only be tradeskilled. need 4 different parts (if memory serves me correct) and one of them being pretty rare.

This imo making the Perenium a preferred choice, but a hard weapon to frequently upgrade.

A small tip for any up and coming fixer. Weaponwise...until you get to about lvl100....the MW weapons are hardly worthwhile. Not because they are bad or anything. But all the other skills (nanoskills and evade) are far more important than the ability to do 50 more damage pr min. I would prefer any chem mauser over a multiwield weapon if it would mean I could cast all buffs, and have evade maxed.
Selavi

Postby Kid » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:56 pm

Good advice guys. Thanks

The OT Kerens have served me well, but as you say, it's time for Perenium fun time. The 'hard to get' part is the spirit tech apparatus. Not a problem. Just kill Mortiigs for the day. I normally loot 4-5 of them. Hopefully 1 will the required QL and type!

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Return to The exchange