2HE weapons - any advice?

Ask for new equipment, or dump your old stuff.

2HE weapons - any advice?

Postby Flameforge » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:34 pm

Well most of you know I have been following in the footsteps of Hatshepsu in using those wonderfully white 1HB baseball bats. Unfortunately these bats, as well as everything else at the weapon smith in SAV, have a QL limit of around 130.

A lot of high level enforcers I see are wielding the Queen Blade -- one huge sword, but only for level 161+. But I'm thinking after my bats I will reset my IP into 2HE skills, in preparation for this weapon...

But I don't know what sort of 2HE would be best, or even really if I should do it. I've heard of True Katanas, but I think they're slow. I have no doubt there are some good blades out there, I just need to find them.

Any advice?
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby BigSwede » Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:53 pm

Th vera same dealer has 2HE weapons aswell in his store, These are aswell topped at 132 as the rest of his stuff :/
I've heard they are good tho. I also heard someone using the 132 bat together with another 1HB weapon of higher ql. The bat has nice adds on it and seems to work well as an off hand weapon. Can't remember what the other weapon was tho. Saw this in a thread on the AO forum.
BigSwede

Postby Lockai » Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:19 am

O.k, first im not an enforcer, have been there a few times, and, know a bit about all the professions. 2HE is extremely doable, and there are some pretty nice weapons out there, you have a few options, which i will link to, to make it all easier :wink:

First up true Katanas, you are gonna need some serious melee init for this, as delays are 2 and 7, i have heard very good things about them though, and high levels swear they are better than the hammer, but they are not really a PvP weapon, something to keep in mind, i will link to ql 100 or as close as possible, as makes more sense than linking to 200s

http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=159044

Next option, The Longmoon, again 3 base stats, this is a lower damage but faster weapon, which i have again heard good things about, its well suited to PvM and PvP, anyway, linking again

http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=122054

Finally, the Rider Warblade. Havn't seen this used in a very long time, as its takes heavy wepaons skill as well, but then i did see it, well, it did some serious damage. I would still stay away from it as its a 66% 33% split, so your base damage is going to be lower

http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=128985

Anyway, if any of this helps, and you have a ql you need getting, you know to look me up.

Good Luck My Friend
Cheers Guys.

Lockai

"All i know is that i don't know nothing"
Lockai

Postby BigSwede » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:16 pm

At higher levels the Queen Blade is really something. Some even say it's better than the Tarasque blade...
BigSwede

Postby Hejiro » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:49 pm

Thanks a lot for the info, Lockai. Really appreciate it. I never even thought about a Longmoon, but going on the stats they look pretty good. One of those weapons I only see on a handful of people too.

I don't think I want to get into Heavy Weapons. The good thing about the Katana and Longmoon is they both use the same skills (2HE, Brawl, Dimach) so swapping between them would be easy, although I do notice that the Katana has a lot lower skill reqs for the same QL!

Also, compare to the Meibutsu Dai-Katana. Kicks butt. Someone really need to get Tsunayoshi some implants so he can make higher QL weapons.

First step will be IPRing a couple of skills (1HB > 2HE, remove multi-melee :) and changing/upgrading my implants.

BigSwede wrote:At higher levels the Queen Blade is really something. Some even say it's better than the Tarasque blade...

Yeah, I think the Queen Blade is almost one of those "too powerful" weapons. Wonder if there's a nerf on the horizon....
Hejiro

Postby Lockai » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:52 pm

nerf on the Queenblade ? never, they just released an enhanced version. I agree, the longmoon looks interesting, so i can try and pick one up, anyway, was nice to be able to help, equipment is one of the few things im pretty good on, so, thats it anyway :o
Cheers Guys.

Lockai

Lockai

Postby Flameforge » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:09 pm

((Drat, I'm having trouble remembering who I am posting as!))

Yeah, you're very good with items, Lockai ;) Which is just as well as it's something I've never quite got in to. I'm just good at sitting around swilling Plumbos :P
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Lockai » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:24 am

always good to have some freak who knows their stuff, same reason i wont use agi sense armor, no where to go with it at higher levels, guess really i should play a fixer or trader, but agent is too damn cool :o
Cheers Guys.

Lockai

Lockai

Return to The exchange