Horizons 7-Day-Trial Official

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Horizons 7-Day-Trial Official

Postby Volais » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:38 pm

Well...for North Americans ATM.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/horizons/

Check back for any release of an European trial. Gabe (A dude at AE) has apparently stated one will more than likely come.
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:18 pm

Battle several different kinds of Monsters!

Whoa! SEVERAL kinds of monsters?? They can't be serious ;)

I wonder what makes it restricted to North America? The promotion page doesn't mention anything about it.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:34 pm

You might be able to access it. Im not sure. Give it a try.

And by several different monsters...meh, Gamespy isnt known for being intelligent...theres a good, 15 types of monsters you can fight when your low leveled...thats what i know of anyway
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:44 am

Soooo... I brought home a copy of the Horizons trial; had installation headaches, but eventually got through it.

Went to the website and registered for trial (ugh, turns out I have to use IE for any of that to work); waited a half hour or so for the patching; finally the game loads for the first time... I'm into the character selection area... spend AGES poking around all the options (I love character creation :mrgreen:)...

then BANG... "blah you've been disconnected blah"... Eh? So I check the website and find all the servers are down for maintenance LOL.

They don't have an estimated downtime, unfortunately.

But otherwise all went okay, and the registration went fine even though I'm not North American.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:57 am

Good to hear that a 7-day trial is available. Most of these mmorpg's should have one. For more information about breeds and classes, go see tazoon.com. To bad there arent any 7-day trial available here in ol europe. At least there arent to any my knowledge. :? They are gonna implement hilts and blades special looks now. Gonna be a much more diverce look on weapons now. I think that is very cool, been waiting a while for that. Armor and tools will come later. Seeing how I play an armorcrafter, I am waiting rather impatiantly for that :wink:
Selavi

Postby Flameforge » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:32 am

Thanks for the link, Sel. Looks like a useful site.

I was browsing through some IGN forum, but found it a little overwhelming... just so many new acronyms to learn and info to absorb.

Meanwhile, still waiting for the servers to go up :roll: 8)
Flameforge
Website monkey

Return to Alternate Worlds