Hey Sel...

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Hey Sel...

Postby Volais » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:01 pm

Sel..im gonna RM my character..just dont like being a dragon...not as fun as id thought. Ill probably go human or somethin similar to that. My question is...what do you know about pallys and revears...they both seem really interesting. And what is your class.

Also...are you an Earth? If so...gratz on the super fast progression (My server, Dawn is catchin up though...first us server to finish the mines!)
Volais

Postby Warcrime » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:29 am

Pallys and Reavers require that you have addition skill's at lvl 20 other then being a warrior, You will need the proper Magical training for whichever class so you will again be playing a new Char type to get the skill you need and you will be starting at a low lvl and most likely not be able to use the same weapons and armor you have aquired.

< example > Warrior hits lvl 20 has good Armor and using good weapon for that lvl. He becomes a Beserker, he is Now Nekid because they are restricted to leather type armor, he loses his Iron Sword because he now dosent meet the reqs for it, he must now lvl up to where he can use that sword all over, and also buy new Armor because it hurts really bad when your nekid and get hit.

But Pallys and Reavers do well in Horizions and each has Strengths and Weakness's Reavers do low Dmg compared to a Beserker but they also can take more dmg then the beserker, Pallys Dont do Big Dmg or take Big dmg well but they do heal themselves to make up for it. So you just have to want to stick with whatever one you choose to make it work for you.
Warcrime

Postby Flameforge » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:27 am

Hmm, I need to read up on how prestige classes work. I just thought it was another adventuring school, but you make it sound like all the previous schools are removed upon going prestige (?).

I'm planning for Hejiro to go paladin, have been leveling warrior and cleric. Need to be level 20 WAR and have 150 Life, so basically 15 CLR.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:39 am

Hey Vol. I havent that much experience with Pally and Reaver, but think WC sums it up pretty accurat from what I hear other say. Myself play an elven ranger. I got the benefit of range combat (wich allows for kiting), and natur spells (wich got healing and roots).

Reavers sound and look like a very interesting profession, both in a RP prespective and as a feasable prof to play gamewise. Only thing to keep in mind, they do damage to mobs with souls. A reaver in my guild got pretty useless when we fought some gnomish inventions gone wrong (Automatons). Other than that, they got some amazing specials that do tons of damage compared to other profs I have teamed with.

I play on Wind server. We were the first to finish the satyr caves, but came second on destroying the machines. Satyrs are free all the same and very happy to join our community :D
Selavi

Postby Lindbeck » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:13 am

what's it like being a healer (doctor, cleric, medic or what's it called?) in Horizons ? if anyone reading this is playing one, or have some info... please enlighten me.

can i CH ? :wink:
Dr. Kai-Otto Lindbeck - president of Forsaken
Lindbeck

Postby Selavi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:15 am

Lindbeck wrote:what's it like being a healer (doctor, cleric, medic or what's it called?) in Horizons ? if anyone reading this is playing one, or have some info... please enlighten me.

Not playing any "healer" so to speak, but got healingspells I can use every now and then on team mates. It works very similar to AO. You target the needy and press the appropriate hotbutton for a healingspell. You can, unlike AO, set up your hotbutton to perform a variaty of actions with one push of a button, rather than pressing 1-10 different ones. One button can be used to target team member1, then cast healing, then support member1 to target mob again again. In effect this makes you able to heal a member and target mob at the same time. Pretty cool. I am not sure if CH is in the game yet, or if there ever will be one. There is however a ressurect spell, wich allows for members in a team to be back in action at once, rather than taking the long road back to the team from last save/bind spot.

Hope this answered some questions :D Oh, yes almost forgot. Everyone want a healer/ressurecter in their team here just they do in AO :wink:
Selavi

Postby Sidarion » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:50 am

Lindbeck wrote:what's it like being a healer (doctor, cleric, medic or what's it called?) in Horizons ? if anyone reading this is playing one, or have some info... please enlighten me.

ROTFLOLMAO OH MY GOD! I AM SO CRACKING UP!!!

TRIPLE WOOT FOR THE AVATAR!!!

Sid
Sidarion

Postby Flameforge » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:22 pm

My character is progressing as a Cleric right now. This school has the most healing abilities and I think can choose to be a focused Healer class later.

The healing works a little differently. Currently I have 4 heals that run on separate timers, all of various lengths. The most powerful is "insta-cast" but has 5 min timer; another two are single target and about 30 second recharge; fourth one I have is group heal and I think that is 30 second timer also.

Also, the amount I heal rises as I get more Life skill. This makes the spells less static and at least based on one's skills a bit.

I really haven't teamed much at all yet, but these abilities keep me alive pretty well against some tough monsters :).
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Flameforge » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:25 pm

Oh yeah, I do have Resurrection but haven't been able to find anyone to use it on yet!

The other interesting thing: there is no nano/mana pool. All the spells are based on the timers and action delays.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:56 pm

Oh but you have to try that one time Flame. It is without a doubt the coolest thing in Horizons. Almost wanna die whenever I team, so that I can vitness the resurection animation. It takes your breath away.
Selavi

Postby Volais » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:25 pm

Oh yeah...rezing is AWSOME. Like Sel said, i actually die sometimes just to watch it (I dont get in many teams...im a very unlucky person.)
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:13 am

I haven't seen the sequence in-game, but I think it's shown briefly in some of the movie downloads on the Hz site.

But my trial account has been busted since late last week and it looks like I might not be able to play Hz anyway due to complications between their billing system and my bank. :roll:
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:52 am

Gonna be some patching today. Some of the things that is supposed to be fixed is a number of payment issues. Not sure any of it takes care of your problem Flame, but might be worth checking out.
Selavi

Postby Flameforge » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:29 pm

Those changes look like only for the Europeans, while I'm on the North American system.

I have talked to iBill who handle the American payments who couldn't help. I also have a support issue logged with the Horizons Support and will hear from them eventually (they have some 3 day reply delay at the moment), but there is only a very slim chance that they can do anything anyway.

Just comes down to my bank being a bit different and iBill being different to any other MMOG I've played :roll:
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:53 am

Sorry to hear about that Flame. It suxxors when something like that gets in the way of playing a game :?
Selavi

Return to Alternate Worlds