Centia Online

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Postby Flameforge » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:50 pm

I do have to agree with you, FuryD, about the stats and character control. It's a huge new-comer learning curve, but ultimately provides a lot for development. Even veterans I'm sure are still fine-tuning their understanding of where exactly to make best use of the improvement points.

The one thing I have always lamented though (and this is possibly just me) is that the engine is far too based on equipment as opposed to the character's skills. Sure items are important to inspire raids and questing and whatnot, but I believe in systems where the main focus is on the abilities and (character) skills of the player, and their equipment just helps them boost that a little.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby MissCarmen » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:16 am

I think you will all be really happy about the next expansion for AO...many little things will change :))
MissCarmen

Postby Freuty » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:35 am

Oooo you big tease MissC :P We want more details... ;) Don't leave us in suspenders :|
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby trgeorge » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:49 pm

Thought AI was last one...not complaining as such, but would wish that FC would fix old bugs first before introducing new ones.
"War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
-The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians
trgeorge

Postby Flameforge » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:43 pm

Sort of makes one wonder what could possibly be added now. There's the metaphysical world and the level increase and the new professions, the aliens with new buildings, clothes and player shops.

Uh oh... maybe... Jump to Leetspeed! OMG that is it. That's what's coming LOL. Give your yalmaha rocket boosters and take the battle into space! Don your Adonis spacesuit and take a walk on an asteroid! Defy the Omni-Tek space traffic rules and go destroy the Death Sta-- err... Omni-1!
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:53 pm

What, does Carmen have inside info now? Erg...been outta the loop for to long
Volais

Postby Nusse » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:07 am

trgeorge wrote:Thought AI was last one...not complaining as such, but would wish that FC would fix old bugs first before introducing new ones.

They're aiming for another expansion next autumn as they have the last 3 years. There will of course be patching for the next 9 months that hopefully will fix a lot of bugs before they start on crunchtime for the expansion.
Nusse

Postby MissCarmen » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:54 am

^^ What he said :P

And for Volais, I don't think we have ever chatted or really met, so you couldn't know much about me to start with :)

Hugs
MissCarmen

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:26 pm

Hi, Im Volais, Ive brought pain and misery upon RKFF (and now, Cerberus) for the better part of a year and a half now.

Im a content designer on Centia-online, Im lead designer on the Half Life 2 mod Rise of Power. Im a soldier...a gimpy one. I think i was around for your first post on these fair forums.

There...we've met, spill the beans sister

Postby Volais » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:26 am

That was me
Volais

Previous

Return to Alternate Worlds