Review: Halo 2

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Review: Halo 2

Postby Volais » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:06 pm

Well, its exactly one week since I started my journey into the shoes of Chief once more to save the galaxy. And just like the first halo, ive come away with masive goosebumps. Halo 2 lives up to Halo in every possible way. Does it beat it? Well, yes and no. For me, it didnt, simply because Halo is high enough standard already. For others...yes.

First lets get the bad stuff outta the way. Leaning, Sprinting, Melee combos, ATV's, hiding in the darkness, several story points, and the color black in multiplayer.....aint there. Some were rumored, some were a key new feature to H2. But none of those are in there (Though the ATV is suposed to be in DLed content from what i hear.). In alot of ways, this makes it feel more like Halo 1.5 than a 2. The gameplay is pretty much exactly the same, cept the fact you no longer have a health bar and youre shields recharge faster....but that rocks.

On to the good. Simply, it may be Halo 1.5.......but who cares, Halo kicked ass anyway. This time around its way more refined. The guns are evenly matched, all serve a purpose (no more pistol whoring!) . A.I. is alot better, the only reason I knew I was playing a bot was because i kept saying to mself "A human player would never be smart enough to do that". The new weapons are fun and dual wielding gives you a whole new layer of strategy. The story is pretty interesting as well, event though it lacked the twists of Halo 1, there still a couple of interesting story points that will give you the "Holy shit!" feeling. THe ending is hated by alot of people, but i loved it

Ok..if I ramble im gonna spoil something. Basically....answer this question to know if you should get H2.

Do you own an XBOX?
If not, are you willing to buy one?

If the answer is yes...theres your answer.

10/10

Oh yeah, Im changing my Doom 3 score...I was a tad to nice about it, it has no replay....at all.....7.5/10
Volais

Postby furyangel » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:02 am

Doom 3 sucked and I couldn;t be bothered to even finish it once... so formulaic and boring. Go to the next room get the key card ... go to the next room get the key card... The lighting was cool but if you have now played HL2 the graphics in Doom 3... nothing special!!

Volais - that was a review of Halo2 for XBOX? I hated Halo 1 on XBOX purely because I do not like playing first person shooters without a mouse/keyboard combination... however I was told that the PC version was damn fine.

thanks for the heads up, but too embedded in HL2 at the minute to check this out :twisted:
General of Pantheon
furyangel

Postby Volais » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:45 pm

Meh...The PC ver=horrid

Its glitchy, lagy....my computer can run doom 3 at high settings and i have to run halo pc at 800x600 res just cause any other one slows down the computer
Volais

Return to Alternate Worlds