EQ2 vs. WoW

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

EQ2 vs. WoW

Postby Volais » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:47 pm

Well, I wanna make up my mind soon.

I know there's a fair number of yall playin each. THis is your chance to get another old buddy to join up.

So go on,....convince me..in the meantime im gonna play through Half Life 2 again
Volais

Postby Addice » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:49 pm

go for what makes you happy or just play both ...
Gaara: I finally understand... I am alone! I will not believe anyone anymore.... I will not love... I'm on my own... haha... thats right... I'm all alone.

Addice

Postby Jpegg » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:29 pm

Wise words :)
Jpegg

Postby Lindbeck » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:24 am

im sure you are able to delete chars in both EQ2 and WoW, so either will do just fine Volais :wink:
Dr. Kai-Otto Lindbeck - president of Forsaken
Lindbeck

Postby Volais » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:49 pm

*glares*

Seriously. Which one....I need imput. Im waiting for the official reviews to come in from WoW to give me some help (The EQ2 reviews are saying its simply a polished up EQ with some tech issues (But what MMO doesnt?)).

Tell me about them...player housing...guilds...etc...common!
Volais

Postby Methaphys » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:51 pm

Well from what i understand Everquest2 has more requirements for social interaction. WoW is more singleplayer gaming.

Most of my old MMO friends are in EQ2 now and they love it. Seems like the release was pretty smooth allthough there is quite some patching (expected)

WoW well i played the Beta and it was pretty nice allthough there was no social content you ran around doing your own thing all the time......I play MMO's for social interaction and to have fun with friends. You can probably get it in WoW but EQ2 seems to be better in that aspect.
Methaphys

Postby Helfar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:53 am

I betad EQ2 and though it was fun I never got any toon past lvl 15 or so as it became too, and i dont know how to say this without it sounding really bad, boring. Let me put it this way, I came back to ao for the excitement. It is a pretty game and has some really good ideas, but just found it a little annoying tbh, but then again that maybe as i thought eq2.... bah EQ. I am now playign WoW and am havign allot of fun, but can see that things may change with higher levels. There are pro's and cons for either game but i woudl chose WoW as it can be solo'd with a fair amount of ease, but team levelign works too, in fact I am getting to the point that i think i need to start teaming.
Helfar

Return to Alternate Worlds