For those who play EQ2

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

For those who play EQ2

Postby Ynelin » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:22 am

(( I have bought Eq2, and have just started playing.. Havnet found anyone i have enjoyed playing with. I am wondering if you can post your nicks and what server you are on. Maybe we can hoook up and play some?? Even start an guild ;-) So if you want to meet other , can you post the nick and what server you are on...))

Ynelin
Ynelin

Postby Freuty » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:54 am

Freuty (Cleric) or Sproket (Scout) on Runnyeye .. still very much a n00b and not sure I'll continue with EQ2 once WoW comes along... but I'm there if you wanna hook up :) if I'm not there I'll be on Rubi-Ka ;)
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby Selavi » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:08 am

I got Giguki and Ivales on Faydark server. Usually play Giguki, my Cleric. So seek me up for some bashing of heads if you like. Perhaps I make a new toon that can play together with yours, if you make a new toon.
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Jasper2002 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:13 am

I am looking at starting a toon on EQ2 but would like some friends to help me out. My experience with EQ lasted 3 days and wasn't good.

How about us all starting new toons one the same server and introducing EQ2 to Cerberus :)

I have a friend already on Najena server but am open to suggestions
Jasper2002

Postby Freuty » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:39 am

There is a new euro server opening up very soon according to SOE... so perhaps we could all jump to that one... or all just pick a server now and hope we can move there l8r...

One thing I've found about EQ2, it doesn't seem to promote teaming... all quests I've done so far have been perfectly soloable... when I teamed with Rahmo, we were getting shit XP just whacking mobs, so you both (all) have to get the same quests to do which I guess can be a pain.

But maybe I'm just not playing it right and haven't found the decent quests yet...?

Mind you, once WoW beta starts, that'll be 3 MMOs I'll be playing... not sure I can sustain that many :shock:
Freuty, Veteran
Luvingston, Veteran
Freuty

Postby Nusse » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:01 am

EQ did give shit XP as well for teams compared to solo, so it wouldn't be that surprising if they'd kept it that way.
Nusse

Postby Selavi » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:39 am

Not sure what kind of server I am playing, but for a server with "low" inhabitant, it sure do got a lot of people in it. So a server like the one I am playing could be sufficient for a place to start. I am open to any suggestion of a server to start our "branch". The server your friend is playing on Jasper, is as good as any I suppose. That would just mean we can have more people to start off with.

As for teaming. I havent teamed all that much yet. but there are several quests I have startet that I cannot solo, and I found a key to a trapdoor that I cannot use until there are atleast 3 people in my team. So there are instances where you _need_ team in this game. Also from a tradeskills point of view. It might be a good idea to sell all the wares we make from the same house. Might draw more customers. :wink:
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Count me in

Postby Gluck » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:08 pm

My wife and I have just started characters on Highkeep a few days ago so we aren't entirely attached to our characters yet. As soon as somebody makes a decision we'd be happy to join you all. Najena sounds best to me as long as it has a 'Low' population. I'll be checking this thread so we can start :D/
<a href="http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=9021">Lauranna2</a>
Gluck

Postby Selavi » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:03 am

Come to Faydark meanwhile then :) I got a toon or two there, and Freuty startet a warrior. At least we will be on same server while we decide. This server seem to have people online at most any hour, so it might be a good choice over a strightly euro or US one. :)
Selavi

Postby Gluck » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:16 am

Sounds good to me. I'm only level 6 and about to wrap up things in the Isle of Refuge. I wonder if doing everything is necessary since I am a scout. Still got to kill the ghost pirate and maybe get some High Chieftain Kryx drops. I'll do that after I return from work shortly after midnight GMT. Could you post your Faydark character names Sel? I think that's all.. off to work. :D
Gluck

Postby Selavi » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:24 am

Selavi wrote:I got Giguki and Ivales on Faydark server. Usually play Giguki, my Cleric. So seek me up for some bashing of heads if you like. Perhaps I make a new toon that can play together with yours, if you make a new toon.

As posted higher up. Also made a warrior called Halfrun. Since we can share bankaccounts between toons, I thought I make one that would concentrate on other craftskills than my main Giguki does.
Selavi

Postby Ynelin » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:05 am

(( I have made a char on faydark server. Her name is Tiril. Look her up. Hope we can move our char to the european server when it goes live. Then Ynelin will be moved))

Ynelin
Ynelin

Postby Gluck » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:51 pm

Only a few more hours until I leave the office. I think I'll be playing a human bard. I'll look for you all when I get onto Faydark.
Gluck

Postby Gluck » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:22 am

Looks like I missed you all. My character's name is Daelric and my wife's is Gyllwin. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up in the next few days.
Gluck

Postby MissCarmen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:09 am

Hi
Was shopping yesterday, and actually picked up a copy of EQ2 that I started playing with a little yesterday.

Her name is Rainyn and took the route to Faydark as well. Not sure how I contact anyone of you yet...haha but I'll figure it out

Hugs
MissCarmen

Next

Return to Alternate Worlds