WoW questions

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

WoW questions

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:59 pm

Ok, im still in limbo over EQ2 and WoW, just cant decide.

i heard WoW has about an equal amount of soloing and team content...but that the game is overall, short. Lvling is easy and you fly right through it. I personally enjoy the long lvling.

I also heard there is very little end game content. That once you beat the game its pretty much pvp until you get bored and cancel your account.

Postby Volais » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:04 pm

errr...forgot to log in
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:15 pm

WoW is slower leveling, more fun, and more interesting than SWG.

WoW is quicker leveling than AO... err... AO of old and excluding shadowlevels.

WoW has a lot to solo at the start and becomes much more team-based later on.

WoW end-game content is apparently coming when they've sorted out beginning-game issues and client/server stability, since of course this is most important at launch, and once a lot more people actually need that content.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:43 am

Ive been playing EQ2 for a lill while. The game is very pretty drawn. An eyecandy for sure. Yet to meet a NPC that dont have have voice, just to name something. Some NPC's even talk amongst themselfes (I mean that they are all loaded with their own voice, and you can hear what they say, not just read it in chatwindow). Wich reminds me of something funny I experienced the other day. I was standing in one of the citys, and then a small kid walked up to me. He startet to ask lots of questions that kids do. "You ever seen a castle?" "I am gonna be an adventurer like you" "what is that?". Then all of the sudden he startet to chase a pig that was walking by, yelling "RUN YOU LITTLE SWINE!!!" I laughed so hard that I had to grab hold of the desk here for not from falling off my stool.

You can solo the first 10-15 levels with ease. Then again, I am only lvl13, so dont know wheter or not you can solo all the way to top level if you want to. Quests are varied by those that you can solo, and those that more or less require a team. Team is pretty easy to find. But there is a problem with the people that have played EQ1 and consider themselfes veterans of the game. they seem to have very little patience for noobs, and tend to leave team very quick if things doesnt go very smooth. atleast that is my impression.

I am still learning the grips and havent discovered half of all the things that one can undertake here. but there seem to be lots of things to do, and if you dont wanna fight one day, then you can always do some tradeskilling :) Although they need to fix the playershops. As things are now, you need to set up a shop in your home, and acctually sit there until you get a sale. Once you leave your house, the items you put up for sale will leave the market. Also, early on, most of the quest rewards are better than what any player can make. atleast when it comes to weapons and armor. And I dont think your gonna get rich making furniture until you can interact with them. As of now, they just make your apartment look pretty :P

I havent played WoW, so I cannot compare the two games. But if you like the fantasy genre, and the quest system that games like EQ provide, then I do recommend it.
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Return to Alternate Worlds