Yippee

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Yippee

Postby Flameforge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:39 pm

KotOR 2 is out!! :mrgreen:
Here's hoping the voice acting is as good as the first one.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby furydemon » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:27 am

I'm enjoying it already Flame - I'm sure you'll like it. Meatbag (if you remember him :wink: )

AO, KotoR II & WoW - I need more time!
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Postby Nusse » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:53 am

The force has drawn me to this one as well. It's so good that I'm trying to catch every germ out there so I can be at home and play instead of at work.
Nusse

Postby Cogs » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:23 am

LOL@Nusse :D
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby rahmorak » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:28 am

Nusse, curse him, told me about KotOR coming out the day before WoW launch and I was torn between playing that and WoW. I am still black and blue from the beating I gave myself while trying to decide which to play.

Decided to stick with the cranky old modem and WoW for now (not enough time to play both) but am really looking forward to trying this one.

Is it as good/better than the 1st? If it is as good as then... hurry up and come over Nusse, I need those germs you are collecting!
rahmorak

Postby Nusse » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:40 am

It's got a few bugs, but overall it seems better :) Give those elves a miss Rahmbo and follow the force....
Nusse

Postby Flameforge » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:37 pm

Uhhhhh... <quaffs +2 Potion of Caffiene>

I just had a super-session last night. Knew it would happen. Just as the first KotOR did, this has me hooked.

The bugs are annoying yet tolerable, but they've really cranked it up a notch this time around. The skills (computer use, awareness, etc) originally were near-useless so I love that this time are so much more important. Love the additional animations, the alternate weapon slots, Force powers from first level, party influences, crafting

yay yay hehe 8)

Only just getting off Peragus and already my character's face is pale and scarred. Ohhhh Atton detests me LOL :twisted:
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Cogs » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:16 pm

Is this an mmorpg? Or is it an offline solo game? (Obviously has no clue about the games in the SW universe :) )
Silly ole bugger
Cogs

Postby furydemon » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:49 pm

offline solo but it has good characters & team mates...

My char is female so atton loves me :roll: probably means thats my 'romance' sorted...
furydemon

Postby Flameforge » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:05 pm

Yep, single-player RPG. The original was truly outstanding, so this sequal has a lot to live up to.

FuryD, my char is female too (played female solider and male consular in the original -- planning to do the same again but switch the sexes), but I've been telling Atton to stop looking at my chest and generally slagging him off so I'm sure he'll be hestitant about any "advances" haha.

He seems a bit woosy though. I liked the desperation/weariness in Carth's voice. Kreia is cool so far though.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby furydemon » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:35 am

yeah Carth was more interesting - this guys trying to be han solo & failing :evil: fun to be mean to him tho muhaha
furydemon

Postby Jpegg » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:08 am

This I must see. I'm only just getting into the first at the moment and loving every second of it. I got a female scout at mo and Leon has a little male soldier to run around with. So.. I'm gonna go through this one before I look at the second. As it stands, I think it's fantastic :))
Jpegg

Postby Flameforge » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:43 pm

Yeah I would certainly recommend going through the first one, Peg. It's an awesome game in itself, but also provides a lot of background knowledge to make the sequal more fun.

Really hope they release a patch soon though--the bugs are becoming rather overwhelming. Last night that zabrak engie forced me to converse with him in the middle of a battle...

My char isn't turning out how I'd planned either. Was wanting to be lawful or neutral evil but am turning into chaotic (psychotic :shock:) evil, hah. Am losing influence over everyone!
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby furydemon » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:19 am

hahaha I love playing goodie goodie in these games (of course I go thro a seocnd time & waste everything) - currently am 100% light side with a smug expression & a glowing white aura... quite revolting :P
furydemon

Postby Nusse » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:46 am

They've got a pretty good system for good/evil in the game so I usually play through them first as good and then as totally evil as well, the second time is usually after a couple of months and a few patches though :)

Lead designer of the game was the one who worked on the design document for Fallout 3 before Black Isle was shutdown last year. The rest of the company consist of a lot of former Black Isle ppl so I look forward to what they can come up with for Neverwinternights 2 as well :)

Even though the game is a bit bugged at the moment (mostly chatscripts), it does smell rpg game of the year of this one.
Nusse

Next

Return to Alternate Worlds