San Andreas ;)

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

San Andreas ;)

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:40 am

hehe, I know I go on about it and it's stopping my online time but help !!! I need a San Andreas counselling session to cure this addiction lol.

There is no better feeling than a report of my turf being under attack, stealing the nearest car, heading over there at 100 miles per hour.... driving down the street towards the gang who's shooting up my neighbourhood, bailing out of the car as it goes smashing into the enemies, rolling, landing on my feet and pumping off shots from my shiny AK47 at my car as it explodes, taking everyone out.

Absolutely fantastic !!!!
Jpegg

Postby Syriii » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:31 am

Agreed!

San Andreas is awesome, only thing I was disappointed about is that it's a bit too easy with the mouse aiming! Other than that, it's awesome :D

I'm currently replaying it again now, finding many things I never spotted on my first play through. Can you believe I never saw the Tec-9 sub machine gun on top of Sweet's house? :P

On my other savegame I'm enjoying the pleasures of using the mini-gun :D Oh and jacking a tank and pwning everything, except when it catches on fire though.. !
Level 213/13 Enforcer, Pantheon, Anarchy Online

Level 45 Night Elf Rogue, Ancarim Iron Legion, World of Warcraft.
Syriii

Postby Jpegg » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:49 am

Syriii wrote:Can you believe I never saw the Tec-9 sub machine gun on top of Sweet's house? :P

lol errr.... can I beleive it? errr... dunno but thanks for the info lol ;)

Well Ive been playin an hour here, an hour there until last week came and now I cant sleep without dreaming of gang warfare ;)

So this is my first go at it and I'm doin ok, I've almost eradicated the Ballas, I own 90% of the East side now, all safe houses bought from pool winnings and drug money from the dealers and I've literally stopped after the first Tennpenny diner mission. I'm goin no further til I own every bit of turf there is and managed to tag every logo (if I can find em). I'm still holding onto my rough backstreet 5 dollar g/f because she's gonna let me into bed sometime soon, I can feel it in the air lol even though Ive left her in the street because of her whining on more than one occasion ;)
Jpegg

Postby Quezt » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:41 pm

PFt, the real fun starts when you get the harrier jet and battlechopper. Nothing like flying low over the highway firing off a few rockets ;-)
Quezt
220 Soldier, Advisor of Cerberus
Got a Quezt in every major MMO so far....
Quezt

Postby Syriii » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:55 pm

Pity the flying is a bitch to control on PC, can't compare that to a joypad, the PC flight handling is atrocious.

Jpegg, not to put you off, but I wouldn't bother taking over all territories at that stage of the game if I were you.... Hehe, I popped a shotgun round into that girlfriends head, cos she was bitching at me ^^ I much prefer one of the later girlfriends ;)

I've just finished playing a bit of GTA III, it's good fun, forgotten how cool the M-16 was.

(edit: hehe, SA is also the reason why I've not played a MMO in weeks now :P)

Syriii

Postby Flameforge » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:24 pm

I've been trying to hold back from San Andreas because I just know that it'll suck me in when I already have too many games to play. :P

But what about the controversial sex game hidden in SA? Lol

Rockstar are baaaaaad boyz... :-''
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Selavi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:40 am

I am playing SA aswell. Quite a lot of fun. Might not have been as dramatic as Jpegs "Drive through", but beating a Elvis lookalike to a pulp on the street with a giant purple dildo had me laughing so hard I thought my heart was gonna give up. :lol:
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Jpegg » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:44 am

LOL.

I havent seen any of this yet but no doubt I will ;)

Well yea, all I've been doin is turf fighting, taking over and defending and it's great. I just cant find an AK47 apart from the ones I find on dead bodies.

hehe, took the girlie defending turf last night, drove through the gang and my car caught fire so I jumped out and it blew up with her next to it.....

and she bloody survived !!!!!!! damnit
Jpegg

Postby Volais » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:35 am

Id love to know why i find myself playing this game.

As I play, its obvious to me that all Rockstar did was make a giant world and give me guns and pedestrians.

Sure, a few new vehicles, and a few new features are in it. But allthe bugs that represents RStars piss poor programming team still float around.

Things that should be changed (But prolly wont since they seem to cheap to make a new engine):

1. Bikes. Fix em. Ass is, if I hit a pebble in the street I go flying 50 yards. I can understand how easy it is to get knocked off 2 wheeled vehicles, but seriously, the distance i fly..urg.

2. Bugs...TOO MANY!!

3. AI. You have none.

Ahh screw it. Yeah Ill admit..Its a fun sandbox game that I find myself playing. Just too much fun causing massive traffic jams on the freeway buy shooting tires out. To bad SA's soundtrack sucks (Yeah...I know the theme is supposed to be urban...but do we REALLY need THAT many rap stations?)
Volais

Postby Jpegg » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:10 am

Volais wrote:1. Bikes. Fix em. Ass is, if I hit a pebble in the street I go flying 50 yards. I can understand how easy it is to get knocked off 2 wheeled vehicles, but seriously, the distance i fly..urg.

Increase bike skill. It's purpose is to stop you falling off bikes :p
Jpegg

Postby Syriii » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:04 am

Volais wrote:Id love to know why i find myself playing this game.

As I play, its obvious to me that all Rockstar did was make a giant world and give me guns and pedestrians.

Sure, a few new vehicles, and a few new features are in it. But allthe bugs that represents RStars piss poor programming team still float around.

Things that should be changed (But prolly wont since they seem to cheap to make a new engine):

1. Bikes. Fix em. Ass is, if I hit a pebble in the street I go flying 50 yards. I can understand how easy it is to get knocked off 2 wheeled vehicles, but seriously, the distance i fly..urg.

2. Bugs...TOO MANY!!

3. AI. You have none.

Ahh screw it. Yeah Ill admit..Its a fun sandbox game that I find myself playing. Just too much fun causing massive traffic jams on the freeway buy shooting tires out. To bad SA's soundtrack sucks (Yeah...I know the theme is supposed to be urban...but do we REALLY need THAT many rap stations?)

Gotta agree about the AI man...... ain't been changed since GTA III, same engine too. I'm really REALLY hoping they make a proper sequel if they do GTA IV, I hope so, would be awesome to see new engine, new AI.. The AI in SA makes the game way too easy along with mouse aiming, some brilliant new bits added but ffs, NEW ENGINE/AI pls!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, way too many rap stations. I find myself using Radio Off more than any other GTA game so far. I like it when the freeway cars all pile up into each other, perfect opportunity for the rocket launcher ;) I got six stars from one large pile up once because it contained a few cops and one of the explosions caught the Police chopper, then the FBI rolled in and joined the pile up and got blown to bits too :P

Syriii

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:59 am

Radio X=pwn.

Id so do the chick that hosts it....sounds like my kinda gal.

Apart from that...Im playin the PS2 version...and seriously considering swapping out for the PC. Anyone have any comparisons about which they like more?

Postby Volais » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:00 am

^^ That was me.
Volais

Postby Syriii » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:27 am

Comparisons? Well, better gfx on PC if you have the power.

Mouse aiming, depends on your view point if that's a plus or minus. Minus in my book, I completed SA in no time at all, just like all the other GTA games because of the useless AI that's never been changed where the enemy just line up in single file running toward you, allowing you to mow them down with headshots on almost every kill.

Also, since it's horribly easy to get headshots, and headshots are the best way of gaining skill in your current weapon, it makes the game even easier. Headshot counts for about 10x more skill gain than a regular body shot I think.

Stick with the PS2 version if I were you, I like the PC version and I simply couldn't get used to a PS2 (I don't even have one). It's just far too easy. sigh.

(edit: Oh yeah, Radio X is the best of the lot. WCTR isn't bad, the Lazlow bits are amusing as usual, rest isn't so good as the last couple of games.)

Syriii

Postby furydemon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:Id so do the chick that hosts it....sounds like my kinda gal.

Not real? :P
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Next

Return to Alternate Worlds