Ive done it...gone against everything I stand for on Earth..

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Postby Volais » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:26 pm

its also displayed somewhere on the box...thats how I learned of their existence
Volais

Postby Gearsoul » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:52 pm

No idea what the weapon in the animated .gif is. I'd guess a fist weapon of some sort. But, as of this moment, fist weapons suck in WoW.

They've got a lot of bugs.

-Foe
Gearsoul

Postby Flameforge » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:17 pm

Don't think I ever saw those blades either. That image is from Warcraft 3 anyway so probably not even in WoW.

Claws on a gnome are cute - like a little kitty. :mrgreen: But fist weapons still suck? I read the notes on the last patch and it looked like a lot had been fixed...
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Volais » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:52 pm

That is from WC3...but check your boxes (At least the NTSC versions..)....I think on the back its got a NE flingin it around.

And you play Flammy?
Volais

Postby Flameforge » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:27 pm

Hm I might know what you're referring to. There is a blade that the Night Elf Sentinels (I think) use that is not available to players. I'll try to find a pic (the site is almost dead to me right now).

Edit: this tri-blade thing?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/download ... per12.html

I played WoW for a few months when it first came out but don't play anymore.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Gearsoul » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:19 pm

The one in the .gif looks more like a curved double blade, Flame. And, it looks like a dual-wield weapon from what I saw.

-Foe
Gearsoul

Postby Volais » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:36 pm

similar to that...i loaned someone my cd's/box to install the 10 day trial. When i get it back ill take a pic of it...
Volais

Postby furydemon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:06 am

Weapons are class locked not race locked tho - so don't assume you'll be able to use it on your NE hunter...

And - just for reference - Hunter/rogue/paladin is the rough order of the prof chosen (if you look at Euro stats anyway) so they're the most popular classes & often harder to find teams than a less played class - warlock for example (who OWN in endgame instances :D Banish ftw! )
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Postby Volais » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:34 am

so far my Rogue has done well....soloing mobs that others have said arent soloable.

But I must say...this game is still really easy. Im finding that lvling is mainly just you willing to grind a bit (or do one of the quests) and you can get it done in at least 30 minutes (if not less).

EQ2 I was finding much harder. I had to work at it to gain my level. Hell id useually head off to the pub after it for a cool down.

speaking of which..gear..you guys ever hit the pub and get drunk off your asses?
Volais

Postby furydemon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:21 am

Actually dinging 60 is only the start to wow, imo. It's really quick & easy to do & if you know the game/quests well you can ding 60 in days.

Then you've got instance experience - from 5 man strath / scholo (tho easier now) & DM - to endgame instances / encounters like Molten Core, Onyxia, Azuragos - never mind the new Blackwing Lair!

Plus outside of instances there's things like reputation, equipment, quests (not all quests are XP - you get gear, rep, storyline).
furydemon

Postby Volais » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:35 am

whats rep do for you?

Back on the subject of EQ2..i was reading the feture list for their latest adventure pack..and...wow...its awsome. Dynamic dungeons with actual puzzles (Figure out how to cross the deep pit....push boxes around to figure out how to make your way to the ledge)....seems interesting.

And now back onto WoW. Whats typically a good trait path to follow for a rogue. Ive been told to put my first 5 points into one of the assassination traits (Dont remember name..increases your crit).
Volais

Postby furydemon » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:42 am

Main cities - for example - 100g mount usually costs 90g because your reputation is higher in your home city (nub quests). Same goes for epic 1k mounts.

Argent Dawn - they're the skellie killers you start really gaining rep with at around 50 or so (plaguelands) - as your rep grows you get more items for sale at their vendors - from health/mana to actual profession recipies

Timbermaw - furlabogs - when you get to felwood there's a tunnel that takes you to winterspring (and moonglade) - but it's full of angry hostile teddybears. Go kill their rival teddies & gain rep & you'll also get a vendor selling patterns.

PvP 2 factions - the same - but their special vendors are really something special - lush items & pvp rewards.

etc etc..
furydemon

Postby Volais » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:28 pm

...indeed (Understood half of that)
Volais

Postby Gearsoul » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:40 pm

The main city reps...Darnassus, Stormwind, Ironforge, and Gnomeregan...allow u to buy things from vendors for a lower price with higher amounts of rep. The more quests u do for the race that is aligned with those cities the higher your rep becomes and the less u have to pay for things from vendors.

As well, u can buy mounts from cities that are NOT your racial city if you get up to Exalted with the city from which u want to buy a mount. I'm going to be working on getting my Human Priest up to Exalted for Darnassus (if possible), so she can ride on a kitty. :mrgreen:

Those other Faction groups that Demon mentioned are mostly higher lvl areas u go to. You get rep with those groups to gain the ability to buy things from their 'specialty' vendors. The higher your rep the more stuff u can buy.

I THINK that you can get more quests from them, too....but not sure.

-Foesmite
Gearsoul

Postby Auro » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:52 pm

Gearsoul wrote:
I THINK that you can get more quests from them, too....but not sure.

-Foesmite

This applies for the Felwood furbies,kill enough of those and get to a friendly standing,she will offer a tailor quest,that rewards into a mooncloth boots recipie.
If you then spend a few more hours getting to honored,they will give you more quests to gain more reputation,but also give more items for sale.alltho,you will not get any more new items after getting to honored =)
Retired Guild Master AIL Eu-WOW.
Currently awaiting new adventures!
Auro

PreviousNext

Return to Alternate Worlds