Oblivion

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Postby Shinali » Wed May 03, 2006 10:34 am

I usually get the locks open with following method without breaking too many picks and I have quite low skill: Keep bouncing the tumbler up, when it comes down "fast" the next time is usually slow and you can lock it into place.
Shinali

Postby Flameforge » Wed May 03, 2006 2:35 pm

Smacdevil wrote:Just wondering though, weren't you able to sneak back out of one of the sewer's other exits?

Hm not sure. I was trying to *enter* the prison through the back way to go assassinate some prisoner. Maybe I could just go boldly through the main entrance... then do something tricky to lose the guard.

Selavi wrote:But I read somewhere that you can get a skeleton key or something in a quest. An unbreakable lockpick. Prolly a thiefs guild quest.

Wow that would be so handy. Probably by the time you get it tho you already have such high Security skill as not to be worried anyway.

I bought like 24 lockpicks from the vendor in the Dark Brotherhood hall, that shifty cat dude. Haven't been able to find anyone else selling them.

Kid wrote:Create a spell that your fortifies intelligence

Hmm I have never even tried to make a spell yet! I remember seeing the book giving instructions but didn't read through it... sounds fun

Shinali wrote:Keep bouncing the tumbler up, when it comes down "fast" the next time is usually slow and you can lock it into place

Great! I gotta try this out!
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Smacdevil » Wed May 03, 2006 10:00 pm

Flame, I use this method when I need to pick a hard or very hard lock: quicksave before you start and quick restore each time you have broken too many picks ;)

Also I usually find lockpicks whenever I kill goblins, bandits or marauders... sometimes even on rats :) Also they can be found in most containers when you raid a dungeon.

Usually I can now pick any lock without losing keys (if I concentrate) by only trying to jam a tumbler when it gets "stuck" for an instant before it falls again. Takes a longer, but safer than just going straight ahead.

Kid wrote:Create a spell that your fortifies intelligence

Hmm, how does one go about learning how to create spells? Do I need to talk to someone in the Arcane University?
Smacdevil

Postby furydemon » Thu May 04, 2006 4:03 am

you need to be a full mage guild member (do the recommendation quests ) then its inside the Arcane Uni - in one of the shops surrounding it.
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

Postby Kid » Thu May 04, 2006 10:45 am

furydemon wrote:you need to be a full mage guild member (do the recommendation quests ) then its inside the Arcane Uni - in one of the shops surrounding it.

Spells are created in the top left shop of the arcane university. Enchantments are done at the 2 shop from the top right.

Oh, and as for picking locks, I have 22 security skill and can open any lock in 1 second flat. That's what alteration magic is for !!!

As a thief, work on illusion magic (invisibility & chameleon). Create a chameleon spell that has 100 magnitude for 2-3 secs. Whenever you want to steal/picketpocket someone, just sneak, cast the spell and quickly do your stealing. As the spell can recast in 1 sec, and costs very little magicka, it can be used to stay almost permanently cloaked.
-The Doc that runs away lives to die another day.
-I am not prejudiced againts Omni's. I hate everyone equally.
-My computer goes down on me more often than my girlfriend.

==Kidkungfu
==Kidonatural
==Kidmeta
Kid

Postby Flameforge » Sun May 07, 2006 3:08 pm

I'm into Arcane Uni now - woot! Pretty cool being able to make your own spells and enchantments. I made my own 100pt Feather spell which stacks with my other 50pt one so I can load up with booty. Just need to recast every 2 mins... which can be awkward during combats haha.

Out of interest, who has done Glathir's "Paranoia" quest? I dobbed him in when he asked me to kill Davide, but I'm curious what happens if you actually go through with it...
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Smacdevil » Mon May 08, 2006 12:09 am

Also, when you have 50+ in Armorer, you can repair magical items.. so this means you can enchant your armor, rings and amulets with the most powerful Feather spell you have for even more loading capacity :) I always carry 2 rings and an amulet of Feather with me, most useful.

I started on the Glarthir quest and stalked the "suspects" he was certain were spying on him, but found nothing suspicious to report.. they were all just going about their regular day-to-day business. Not very exciting :/
Smacdevil

Postby Flameforge » Mon May 08, 2006 2:17 am

Oh yeah true, but to make things interesting I told Glathir that Davide HAD been spying and Glathir went psycho haha.
Flameforge
Website monkey

Postby Smacdevil » Mon May 08, 2006 3:36 am

Flameforge wrote:Oh yeah true, but to make things interesting I told Glathir that Davide HAD been spying and Glathir went psycho haha.

LOL, nice one :) Wish I'd tried that, hehe
Smacdevil

Previous

Return to Alternate Worlds