Oblivion

Haven to discuss other worlds than that of Rubi-Ka & Hyboria.

Postby Shinali » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:11 am

Ive been wondering how archers stay alive in this long enough. Or do they do that much dam from sneak so some minotaur wont have time to get close. Im playing Nord melee fighter with some restoration and destruction. Im lvl 23 or sumtin now. Fighting is mostly blocking and waiting for me. Got to expert in blocking so now I can hit back with shield from time to time. That shocks mobs nicely and have time to hit a few times. Disarming power attack is cool too. But in some cases its better to leave weapons on mobs. Like minotaur with weapon can be blocked quite easily and wont get shock effect meself but if minotaur is without weapon then im bouncing back from big percent of its hits.
Shinali

Postby darkmistress » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:43 am

I can't stop playing it!!
Erm... if anyone misses me in AO it's because I'm horribly addicted.
Had the collectors edition since Sunday (PC) and apart from an hour of fiddling with settings and trawling forms to get the damned game to actually run on my heap of s*** I've been playing it non-stop.
I'm playing a custom archer/thief class atm and loving it. Sneaking around everywhere and getting those awesome sneak attacks :D

BTW for anyone interested this is *way* better than Morrowind. New waypoint system that Sel mentioned stops you getting lost with your quests, also have to love fast travel being back although I do enjoy long trips through the wilderness as you never know what you'll find!

Graphics are simply breath-taking even tuned down they are amazing (cos my PC is too slow!!!)

Btw... if anyone has a new sound card/graphics card and gig of ram they need disposing of let me know :lol:
New main is Hollowfist
For those of you that still remember.... RIP Venis & Opheus
darkmistress

Postby Selavi » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:25 pm

Simply the best RPG I have ever played. Startet my usuall Dark Elf Assassin, wich I have played in all the prequels. Its even more rewarding in this game to play a sneak related class. And the quests you get from the Dark Brotherhood...woah!!! Pretty good rewards too. But I havent made to much money yet. Spending most of it on bribing peeps to find out info about my "target" :P Guess I should devote myself to some more stealing...
They call this war a cloud over our nation.
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby Selavi » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:18 pm

some twaks to try if running on a slow system. havent tried this myself yet. but worth a go I guess.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=283055
Man made this weather, and now he is standing in the rain, saying ”Shit! Its raining!”
Selavi

Postby darkmistress » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:16 pm

Thanks Sel, may try those at some point.
Already bought a replacement for my old SB live 5.1 as I'm suffering unbearable sound problems. I picked up an audigy 2ZS from ebay. Hopefully be an improvement.
Also looking at a replacement for my old graphics card (Radeon 6800 XT)
as it really doesn't cut it to run this.
Only problem is that there are few agp cards out there now, when did this PCI-E revolution happen dammit...

Any suggestions guys?
I found this as a potential candidate so far but any advice greatly appreciated:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products ... uid=105965

I need to feed my addiction dammit :mrgreen:
New main is Hollowfist
For those of you that still remember.... RIP Venis & Opheus
darkmistress

Postby Shinali » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Whats the most money you have seen on a merchant? as daedric weapons are worth 3000+ and selling then for 1000 or 1200 seems a bit waste. Lots of mods for Oblivion alrdy too. Just downloaded a mod for fixing the compass cuz I like finding the places myself. There are some to upgrade bow damage too.
Shinali

Postby Selavi » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:43 am

Loving this game. But running into some very strange AI behaviour and otherwise problems regarding NPC. Small warning about story revealing though, so if you dont want to read about whats in store when you join assassins guild, dont read further.

After 10 quests or so, I am given a direct order from the top, to clear out the sanctuary I have been working in. There are about 6 other assassin NPC's working there, so I am thinking "My gawd...how am I gonna do this??? One of them is a vampire for christs sake". Never the less, I still am gonna try. Starting with one of the lizards living in a room of her own, waiting for her to go to sleep, and then I attack. Just as she hit the dirt, another assassin enter "cower blown!!" I figure. But nonono...."Greetings. My heart is filled with you when I see you" o.O Err...I just killed one of your friends. See me standing over her body here?? Anyways, starting a fight non the less with the one that entered. During the fight, I am blocking and accidently hit Space bar, wich is the same as yielding. Fight stops, and the person I just attacked, after I killed his friend, still loves me more than his mother. Anyways, a sneak attack later, I am back in the trainingroom looking for my next target. Found a letter where the vampire complained about being not so fond of garlic, so I pickpocket him and put a few garlic pieces into his inventory. Another asssasin there is practicing his spells, so the vampire now goes and stands directly in the line of fire, getting himself killed in less than 3 hits from his friend, who by the way keeps practicing even after his commander has died, even greeting me as I go by him to loot the corpse. In short...these guys tread over their dead comrades bodies as if they didnt care one bit.

Now....some missions later I am to kill a whole family that is spread out across the countryside. One living in the wilderness by herself. My first blow didnt kill her, so she manages to cry out for help. Pfft...who is gonna hear you out here old lady?? Well....some guard from the nearest city is!! He comes running in and charges me of murder. In fact...lately...anyone being killed no matter who sees it or not, will get my arse tossed in jail. Wonder how they can pin a murder on me, if there is nobody to see it??? And wonder what kind of ears these guards got, to hear the cries for help coming from the bottom of a basement, or far out in the wilderness...They are wearing a bucket helmet for crying out loud, they should'nt hear cries for help coming from an alley, let alone out in the wilderness.
Selavi

Postby Shinali » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:35 am

Selavi there is a mod alrdy which repairs the distance of how far guards notice the murders. dont remember which page it was but google helps im sure :) Was in Oblivion today and was quite interesting 8) Getting money gets ridiculously easy later on as every second mob drops daedra armor&weapons. Just carrying the uber phatz is the porblem. Saw a mod with 1000 points feather ring somewhere too :shock:
Shinali

Postby Zuntsu » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:04 pm

WTF, level 23? I just completed the main quest, got the amulet of kings back to Martin, drove Dagon back and closed the gates to oblivion forever, and I'm merely level 5 :D (Sorry if that spoiled someone...well don't really think so)

You guys probably have done a bit more side quests than me, well to think about I have probably done two to none side quests on the way.

Got myself a nice set of imperial dragon armor.

Well I guess it's time to get back to AO :wink:

By the way you asked how archers can do it in that game, if it gets tough I can run faster than most of the foes :). Usually just make sneak attack with bow, hit 1 more arrow to them and finish with sword and shield. Shooting while jumping and staying higher ground than enemies can get to is pretty handy too.
Zuntsu

Postby Shinali » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:35 pm

well Zun mobs scale to you level so completing main quest at any lvl isnt a problem I believe. Im lvl 25 now and its fun to be master in blade and heavy armor and soon some other skills. Have full daedra armor and a sword. Being a master in heavy armor is nice as armor encumbers only 50% and doesnt affect running at all. Not much to do for me gearwise anymore besides getting some enchantments and maybe some qoest rewards so maybe Ill check rest of the main quest too and then try another type of character :lol:
Shinali

Postby Quezt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:03 am

Even I've gotten this game now :shock:

How do you join the assassins guild? Well, how do you even find them? =p
Quezt
220 Soldier, Advisor of Cerberus
Got a Quezt in every major MMO so far....
Quezt

Postby Shinali » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:15 am

Gaupa to find the assassins guild murder someone and they will come to you when youre sleeping.
Shinali

Postby Selavi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:49 pm

Aye, find some poor sod living in the streets, and sneak up to him at night and slide your blade between his shoulderblades ;) Then go to sleep in some inn....they will find you, not the other way around.

Btw, became guild master of Assassins guild. Pretty cool. but seems since I am on the top, all I do is give orders. On the bright side, I can order followers to come with me on whatever quest I undertake.
Selavi

Postby Selavi » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:29 pm

Selavi

Postby furydemon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:06 am

Shinali wrote:I have a little problem and if anyone have played the quest plz gimme some info. At Chorral castle a painting has gone missing. Ive talked with all the persons involved and found "strange painting" from west tower and painting tools from mages quarters but still need to find more physical clues. Have searched the whole castle two or three times but nada. Where or what are the rest of the clues? :?

SPOILERS BELOW

3 clues

1 in the west tower - painting
1 in the dining room - muddy carpet
1 in chanels room - desk /paints
[The Cyb0r Pope Jpegg] That's Mr Bitch to you...
furydemon

PreviousNext

Return to Alternate Worlds